Author Topic: Gun/Ammo Industry Update.  (Read 5333 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Gun/Ammo Industry Update.
« on: February 05, 2013, 06:14:31 PM »
http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2013/01/update-status-of-gun-industry.html

UPDATE: Status of Gun Industry
Interesting status report from Valley Guns in West Virginia:
   Status of gun industry

Attention F.B. fans: to follow will be several IMPORTANT Info updates about the status of the gun industry currently, followed by an INVENTORY UPDATE: We traveled to Texas for Industry meetings concerning the shortages, here's what we were told.

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1. Remington-Maxed out!

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.

LWRC: Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.

RELOADERS... ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted...

Related commentary from Bob Owens:

They didn’t know when they’d be getting anything back in stock, from magazines to rifles to pistols. Manufacturers were running full-bore, but couldn’t come close to keeping up with market demand. It wasn’t just the AR-15s, the AK-pattern rifles, the M1As, and the FALs that were sold out. It really hit me when I realized that the World War-era M1 Garands, M1 carbines, and Enfield .303s were gone, along with every last shell. Ubiquitous Mosin-Nagants—of which every gun store always seems to have 10-20—were gone. So was their ammo. Only a dust free space marked their passing. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Every weapon of military utility designed within the past 100+ years was gone. This isn’t a society stocking up on certain guns because they fear they may be banned. This is a society preparing for war.

Barack Obama, Dianne Feinstein and the rest of the Statists have done more to promote gun ownership than the NRA ever did. Well done, Democrats!

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
Re: Gun/Ammo Industry Update.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 06:17:53 PM »
Thanks for the update.   8)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 06:24:50 PM »
Just for giggles, I was looking on Sportsman's Guide at 5.56/.223 ammo....... all was back-ordered and the 'expected' dates ranged from late March to October.

I have enough to ride out the shortage like in 08/09 if I restrict shooting to 'staying proficient' and limit the plinking.
I wish I had stocked more primers and powder.

I wish I could get BillT to adopt me.   ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TexGun

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 06:28:50 PM »
Wow!  Been surfing the net for any rimfire ammo I can find...nothing!  Also, looking for .243 for my new toy.  Man who would've thought there would be a shortage of .243?

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 06:47:44 PM »
Mailman (yes, a man) stopped by Friday to drop off a package.  Asked when I'd be getting more bullets.  Told him they're scarce right now, that's why I broke his back in December stocking up.  He asked if the SHTF would he be welcome at my house.  I told him to bring something to the table and we'd talk.

Mainly, it's primers.   I'm on the "alert" list for several suppliers. 

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:53:19 AM »

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 05:02:18 AM »
Went to a local gs Sat. and it seems the horders have brought stuff out to sell, finally.  Never seen so many Pmags and other AR mags in one place in my life.....dozens if not hundreds at $20 and up!  New AR's and AK's up the wazoo....at half inflated prices.  Rifle ammo at not too bad to way bad prices.  Pistol ammo at reasonable prices.  What pistol mags were there were double normal.  Pistol and shotgun prices remain about the same and are good sellers.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 11:18:05 AM »
http://www.luckygunner.com/

Been having limited success with these guys. They are charging a premium, but nothing like the gouging that other places are.
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 01:47:21 PM »
I paid .35 per round ($7.00 per box) for this ammo four months ago and it's almost a buck a round now.

http://www.luckygunner.com/223-rem-55-gr-fmj-ae223j-federal-500-rounds

I won't do it.
I don't have the large stockpiles that some do (but I have 'enough'), but I ain't paying nearly a $1000 per case until the time comes that it is the ONLY option to get ammo. I just pray that these prices do not become "standard" instead of just profiteering due to limited supply.

I really hope that a year from now they are choking on ammo.....we can hope can't we?  >:(
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

dipisc

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 02:12:39 PM »
Hi;

Everyone just has to settle down and not panic. When the AWB gets shot down and Barry has his hissy fit, the next few months will start to show stock on the shelves and other inventory building. Later on there will be buyers remorse and we will start to see "used" firearms sitting in/on the shelves for a few months until the owners just to decide and take a loss and sell it for what we consider "normal" prices.

For those who are short on items - you'll just have to wait.  Better yet, just stash some money from now - up to 10 months from now and you will get what you want at better prices   and   you can set aside items for the next panic.

It's like there is no reason to go to the range and shoot up all that you have and then start crying because you cant replenish your items.  This was seen coming down the road long before it happened. If you didnt stock up pre-panic  -- then its your fault.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 02:54:07 PM »
Hi;

Everyone just has to settle down and not panic. When the AWB gets shot down and Barry has his hissy fit, the next few months will start to show stock on the shelves and other inventory building. Later on there will be buyers remorse and we will start to see "used" firearms sitting in/on the shelves for a few months until the owners just to decide and take a loss and sell it for what we consider "normal" prices.

For those who are short on items - you'll just have to wait.  Better yet, just stash some money from now - up to 10 months from now and you will get what you want at better prices   and   you can set aside items for the next panic.

It's like there is no reason to go to the range and shoot up all that you have and then start crying because you cant replenish your items.  This was seen coming down the road long before it happened. If you didnt stock up pre-panic  -- then its your fault.

Too late for that...... it's already happened.

But I agree (and hope you are right about the 10 months) on the rest of it.   ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk