Author Topic: Where does the hatred of guns come from?  (Read 10563 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 559
Re: Where does the hatred of guns come from?
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2013, 06:11:14 AM »
<snip>
The lowest scurviest Republican to ever live has one thing going for him that will get my vote .
He  isn't a Democrat.

It's some kind of "clannish" or "club" deception....my guy is the good guy because I say so (because if not then I would have to admit I am wrong and my team really is not the winner I have my fanatical faith in.).  I have some of that in my own family down south....and if there is ever a Zompocalypse and they knock on the door for food they'll get the same thing the other arrogant dumb asses will get, "Nothing here for you, move along.  Goodbye."

Back in the late 50's through the 60's and into the 70's it was a funny thing across the table of the "country clubs"...you had one group laughing at the other group because they had deceived (nice word for politician that is really just a damned liar) a bunch of dumb asses to vote for them on the promise of something that either never was or never would be.  Eventually they had to give them "a little something" and that grew until the dumb asses had their own candidate where it really grew out of control.  You know...wink, wink, nudge, nudge you guys vote for us because we really don't mean it we just need the votes....nothing is going to change...really.  Now wink, wink, nudge, nudge has turned the tables and is being used in opposition to what it once was....surprise, surprise, surprise.

So...for some reason(s) there are people who think they live in the 60's political environment that evaporated and remains only as a foul vapor.  All I can gather is that otherwise intelligent people have too much pride and arrogance to admit they are wrong in face of overwhelming evidence.  I'm supposing that was the same thing with Hitler's supporters...until the night of the Long Knives....and then he reinforced his new group of supporters in that effort which took them to a long road of ruin and resulted in horrendous American loss of life.

I don't give these people a "free pass" now and I won't later.  As a society the good suffer along with idiots who drag us down the road to ruin.  They built it, they own it, my family is going to have to suffer with it and so the response, "Nothing here for you, move along.  Goodbye."   You know...that whole shake the dust from your feet thing.    
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2013, 09:37:49 AM »
Thing you miss Rastus is that unless a true conservative party takes off the only way to keep dems out is by voting for a Republican, the rest are just wasted votes since they are to small, and divided to pose a realistic threat .
Ever notice the CPUSA never runs a candidate any more ?
They don't have to, they vote Democrat.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2013, 10:06:50 AM »
Thing you miss Rastus is that unless a true conservative party takes off the only way to keep dems out is by voting for a Republican, the rest are just wasted votes since they are to small, and divided to pose a realistic threat .

The small party that would do it right will never grow if we follow that procedure. 
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2013, 08:13:31 PM »
The small party that would do it right will never grow if we follow that procedure. 

Republicans managed it OK in the 1850's.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 559
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2013, 08:43:07 PM »

Naw...I didn't really miss it....just didn't focus on the solution.  

We need true conservatives...but a whole passel of Repubs are nothing more than recycled democrats...for instance our local state rep, Eddie Fields...RINO city....he has more special interests pumping him to higher and higher ranks inside RINO land then anyone before has ever attained in a few short years in Oklahoma.  Fields looked me in the eye and while shaking my hand promised in front of a half a dozen others that he would never give away our riparian water rights....guess who introduced the bill.  I hope the farmers who fall all over themselves defending him check out that abortion of a bill that ultimately gives it to the feds and takes it from the citizens.

The Repubs ran against their own Shaun Roberts-R here with the former mayor of a local town...first thing he (the mayor) said to me was how well he worked with the good old boy Dems in my district...I had to take a shower to get clean after talking to him.....Shaun was too conservative as a freshman state rep for them so they pulled in a new "Repub" to run against Shaun as the official candidate (unseating one of their own obviously) and pumped the Repub general funds to the new guy to unseat the conservative.  Luckily, Shaun won without getting a penny from the Republican party funds...even though he was one and had unseated a Dem to get the seat to start with.  There's a bit of angst in RINO land over that failure.

Another is the RINO who co-sponsored the open carry here in Oklahoma...truth is he never supported 2A and was a liberal dem in Repubs clothes to deceive the gullible to vote for him as a "conservative republican" the whole time...then the people in his district started raising hell and in fear of being thrown out two years before he could get a state retirement he co-sponsored open carry...the only good gun law he ever got on board for.  I talked with him personally and the guy had great disdain for gun owners...he went with his own best self-interests.  

Here's a conservative I support outside my district, Nathan Dahm, who at least right now is the real conservative deal  http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/state-senator-dahm-introduces-three-gun-rights-bil/nT2F2/ .

We're not going to reclaim our country by hoping to fix it from the top down...too corrupt, too hands off, too late...we have to reclaim it by starting at the lowest levels and work up.  You're gonna have to start voting for Christians from time to time if you want a conservative renaissance.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 11:28:53 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2013, 09:08:51 PM »
I'll vote for a Christian if I think he will do the job, but I would not vote for Christ himself if he ran as a Democrat.
And I will not vote for some one who places his religion above logic or historic precedent .
I'm not likely to be voting for any though since most I've met are full of crap.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2013, 09:06:19 AM »
Republicans managed it OK in the 1850's.

Someone must have had the sense to vote for them or they wouldn't have.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk