Author Topic: Heading to Charleston, SC for the next 2 weeks  (Read 2275 times)

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Heading to Charleston, SC for the next 2 weeks
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 05:39:06 PM »
UPDATE:  So it turns out I am helping finish up an install at Bosch on a line that makes Camaro fuel system components...  woo-f'ing-hoo...

Anyway I have made it to one local restaurant, The Wreck, and that is it.  But I have put in around 80 hours of OT in the two weeks I've been down here.  I'm outta here Saturday, not early enough to make it to my club's USPSA match but home none the less.  ;D

I did get through Magpul's Handgun video set, Chris Costa is on my list of people I need to train with one day.  And I'm about half way through Stephen Hunter's new book too, that'll be a new thread  8)
He who dares wins.  SAS

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 06:30:29 PM »
Looking forward to your opinion of the book .
After you've got some sleep.   ;D

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 07:03:22 PM »
Sucks you didn't get out more, but good on the OT. Do try to hit Pearlz if you can, they're open late with happy hour prices. Tom's gun comment? He wasn't kidding, I had an unfortunate incident with some swarthy gentlemen, but all's well that ends well, just keep some situational awareness.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 07:55:49 PM »
Yeah sorry you didn't get tot get out more.

Had the same experience in Colorado Springs. Worked from 8am to 8pm for the week. Only saw the "sights" from the window of the office building.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

wtr100

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 07:55:19 AM »
UPDATE:  So it turns out I am helping finish up an install at Bosch on a line that makes Camaro fuel system components...  woo-f'ing-hoo...

Anyway I have made it to one local restaurant, The Wreck, and that is it.  But I have put in around 80 hours of OT in the two weeks I've been down here.  I'm outta here Saturday, not early enough to make it to my club's USPSA match but home none the less.  ;D

I did get through Magpul's Handgun video set, Chris Costa is on my list of people I need to train with one day.  And I'm about half way through Stephen Hunter's new book too, that'll be a new thread  8)

ok what local did you bribe to help you find the Wreck - if it's the same place I'm thinking of it was placed to hide it from foreigners ..
Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, 60 rounds powder and ball and be ready to march at a minute's warning.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:08:53 AM »

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 05:25:57 PM »
ok what local did you bribe to help you find the Wreck - if it's the same place I'm thinking of it was placed to hide it from foreigners ..
The crew has been down here for 4 months and the Project Manager took me out one night to his favorite place to eat-The Wreck.  I thought he was lost at first and when we pulled up I figured the joke was on me but it is the place locals go to eat and it was GOOD!

Wish I would have tried the grouper but I had shrimp, oysters and scallops that all seemed to melt in your mouth.  Damn I'm hungry!

;D
He who dares wins.  SAS

wtr100

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 12:22:08 PM »
The crew has been down here for 4 months and the Project Manager took me out one night to his favorite place to eat-The Wreck.  I thought he was lost at first and when we pulled up I figured the joke was on me but it is the place locals go to eat and it was GOOD!

Wish I would have tried the grouper but I had shrimp, oysters and scallops that all seemed to melt in your mouth.  Damn I'm hungry!

;D

lucky you had a local with ya - phunny pherigners might could get tossed into the street

mmm oyster

Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, 60 rounds powder and ball and be ready to march at a minute's warning.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk