Author Topic: Military that will fire on citizens.  (Read 1743 times)

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
Re: Military that will fire on citizens.
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 01:34:40 pm »
It was said about Bill Clinton that he would rather climb a tree to tell a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth.

IMHO the current resident spends most of his time in the tops of the trees.  And I do not mean that in any racist way!

However, that said, I have very little confidence in "unnamed sources."  I relegate them to the same bin as anything said by Alex Jones.  To put it in clearer perspective, Jones' bin is right next to Bidens'.

Finally, in my fairly wide ranging experience with current and former military, I would echo JBETS observation that choices will be made.  Some (hopefully, a distinct minority) will always follow orders no matter how unlawful they may be.  Others will harken back to their oath to support the Constitution.  It is my sincere hope and earnest prayer to a benevolent God that He will move the majority to follow their oath as sworn to Him.

And, as a small aside, if you haven't checked out http://oathkeepers.org now might be a good time to do so.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

The Down Range TV Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 01:34:40 pm »

tombogan03884

• Freedom isn't Free
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 07:55:50 pm »
MacArthur and BHO would be great friends, if you could get thier egos through the HANGAR door.  Looking at the South Pacific in WW2, Nimitz spent almost as much effort in appeasing MacArthur than he did fighting the Japanese.  His military actions were minimal at best, but he put on e GREAT show.

That isn't correct, first, Mac was a pompous prick, he was no where near being a communist sympathizer .
2nd, he did a lot of fighting in Indonesia that never got the press the Marines did, such as using the Marines to neutralize Cape Gloucester .

It was said about Bill Clinton that he would rather climb a tree to tell a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth.

IMHO the current resident spends most of his time in the tops of the trees.  And I do not mean that in any racist way!

However, that said, I have very little confidence in "unnamed sources."  I relegate them to the same bin as anything said by Alex Jones.  To put it in clearer perspective, Jones' bin is right next to Bidens'.

Finally, in my fairly wide ranging experience with current and former military, I would echo JBETS observation that choices will be made.  Some (hopefully, a distinct minority) will always follow orders no matter how unlawful they may be.  Others will harken back to their oath to support the Constitution.  It is my sincere hope and earnest prayer to a benevolent God that He will move the majority to follow their oath as sworn to Him.

And, as a small aside, if you haven't checked out http://oathkeepers.org now might be a good time to do so.

Crusader Rabbit

Look at the Graduating Classes at West Point in the early 1840's .
Generally speaking they went with their home states, but not all .
Two exceptions that come to mind , there were others, George Thomas, Gen. USA "The Rock of Chickamuaga"  was from Georgia, while James "Pete" Longstreet ,Lt. Gen, CSA  Lee's most trusted Corps commander, was raised in NJ .
America
1775 - 2012
It was fun while it lasted  :(

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 10:17:07 am »
It isn't a far reach.

Every petty dictator on up has built a 'army' that will execute 'dissidents'. 
"Molon Labe" - King Leonidas and a few Spartans

The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

• Freedom isn't Free
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 08:15:14 pm »
It isn't a far reach.

Every petty dictator on up has built a 'army' that will execute 'dissidents'. 

Do you mean like George Washington and the "Whiskey Rebellion" ?
America
1775 - 2012

Rastus

• Join the NRA ! Today!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 08:53:58 pm »
I believe it.  I didn't hear it on the internet or read it in the news either.  I've already sent out this letter to my US Senators and my Congressman:

23-JAN-13
The Honorable XXXXXX
U.S. Senate
XXX Russel Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

Dear Senator XXXX:
I am most distressed to hear that the administration has for some time placed a “litmus test” on military leadership which revolves about the willingness to fire upon US Citizens.  Hopefully this disconcerting information, that the administration requires an affirmative answer to fire upon US Citizens for military career advancement, is blatantly false.  I am sending this letter to you in hopes that you will confirm that military leadership promotions and retentions are in no way tied to an individual’s willingness to fire upon a US Citizen.

The US military has a history to service to God and country that honors the lives of US Citizens by protecting us from enemies to our Constitution and State.  Information that this service is being intentionally corrupted heralds to historical foundations of tragedy that other nations have both suffered and endured.   I hope that our military leadership is not being politically despoiled.

My information comes not from the internet or news organizations.  My information is derived from retired military personnel who have retired with distinguished service.  Additionally and most frighteningly, I was made aware some time ago that General James N. Mattis, Commander of US Central Command, was being “pushed out” by the administration due to his unwillingness to fire upon US Citizens under cover of the “David Petraeus and General John Allen mess”.

If you can provide contradictory solace it would be most welcome.  However, if there is any substantiation at all of my concerns I, with all humility, believe you agree that it is one’s duty to investigate and publicize this matter.  Our nation is changing but there are some things that can be agreed upon as being intolerable or our nation shall be lost.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX
XXXX Road
Somewhere
Somestate, Zipcode
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British prime-minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 03:19:01 am »
http://www.knology.net/~bilrum/UN29palms.htm

Once again, I can't source it.  Smoke anyone?

I eat meat, smoke cigars, drink whiskey, and carry guns.  JRT's are big dogs, in little bodies

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 04:49:44 am »
I would not put anything pass BO.
Life Member of the NRA

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 09:12:07 am »
Do you mean like George Washington and the "Whiskey Rebellion" ?

Don't know since no one got executed...but it might have been.

The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

• Freedom isn't Free
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 09:16:33 am »
How often have I posted on here that when push comes to shove it will not be some "foreign UN troops" kicking in your door, it will be the kid from down the street that you congratulated on completing basic training .
The UN can not function with out US participation.
If you have been paying attention to news other than the football player and his fake dad girlfriend you may have seen the article saying that even the French need US airlift to deploy to Mali.
America
1775 - 2012

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 09:20:03 am »
One thing you have to say about the French. 

They are always there when they need us.

—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster