Author Topic: A conversation with ignorance!  (Read 1983 times)

Timothy

A conversation with ignorance!
« on: January 15, 2013, 08:13:25 PM »
A Facebook argument....

Timothy;

Criminals don't care how many laws are written Stephen. The simple truth is hard to swallow sometimes! Stop listening to the news and look into the facts! Facts are stubborn things! We don't outlaw knives or cars or alcohol yet, they kill more people every day than firearms! The information is available for your review, you just need the desire to look for the truth!

Stephen;

Facts are-you're behind the curve. We're talking about guns-not cutlery. Tell me Mr. Bevins-just what is the acceptable number for death by guns for you?

Timothy;

Zero would be an acceptable number but we live in a world filled with evil! There are people out there that would do us harm! People with little care of another life, people who are not willing to obey the laws let alone read them! People that believe that they need to own what others have worked hard to obtain!  It's not about restricting the rights of those who wish to obey the law!  Enforce the laws on the books, with vigor! 

The left is wrong on this, they're on the wrong side of right! Peace Mr. Stephen!  There is no John Lennon utopia! God Bless...

tombogan03884

Re: A conversation with ignorance!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 09:15:37 PM »
Stephen;

Facts are-you're behind the curve. We're talking about guns-not cutlery. Tell me Mr. Bevins-just what is the acceptable number for death by guns for you?

How many till they get to you ?

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 07:25:32 AM »
Facts are stubborn things.  They don't change just because somebody feels it should be another way.

Now, let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya until all this is over and we become a nation of docile, law-abiding, atheistic people who march quietly into the ovens.

Or not!

Crusader
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 07:58:13 AM »
Facts are stubborn things.  They don't change just because somebody feels it should be another way.

Now, let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya until all this is over and we become a nation of docile, law-abiding, atheistic people who march quietly into the ovens.

Or not!

Glorious Leader would never do such a thing!!  OVENS??  How barbarous.  ::)

Glorious Leader just wants you to be happy and comfortable and safe.
I think he would prefer "sleep chambers" fed with Zyklon-B. Greasy Joe is probably working under the radar on it.

You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 08:06:49 AM »
"Stephan"............ Would you be so kind as to show me a single gun control law that has worked? Or a city like New York, Detroit, or Chicago, who has enjoyed reduced crime, along with lower gun deaths that you're so worried about, to go along with their draconian gun laws?

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:34:25 AM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 12:06:42 PM »
ZERO would be acceptable.  But why let the number go up by taking guns away from honest citizens and making them easy victims .
And the facts show that where guns are present, crime goes down.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 01:27:38 PM »
I stopped talking to him after another post or two.  It gets worse and more and more rediculous.

This guy is a Vet too...sadly, followed the other road I'm afraid!  Lives in Santa Barbara...nuf said!

Timothy

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 05:35:26 PM »
He really went off on a tear after I verbally one-upped him.  I'd post the replies buy my buddy Sam deleted the thread.  Sam said it's not the first time he's gone off on a tangent and had to be silenced!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 11:37:07 PM »
I had a lolly-pop-wrapper-hat on one day last week and got suckered into an exchange with a person on FB (I went to high school with their brother) who was a friend of a friend. They had moved to jolly olde England and apparently adopted all the views of a good little subject. It was like debating with Piers Morgan. No matter how much logic, backed by hard facts, was presented by several of us the lib and friends just kept bleating the same old chorus.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk