Author Topic: NY near vote on new gun laws  (Read 6161 times)

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NY near vote on new gun laws
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 05:56:11 PM »
from ammoland.com

Stronger regulations on ammunition: Under the legislation, New York will have the strongest ban on high capacity magazines in the country, with a limit on capacity of seven rounds, down from the current limit of ten. The legislation includes a ban on possession of pre-1994 high capacity magazines, and will require owners to sell the banned magazines out of state within one year. Existing ten round magazines can be grandfathered in, but may only be loaded with 7 rounds.
Now that IS a loophole!
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 06:06:10 PM »
Chip McCormick weighs in on the NY ban.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/chris-dumm/chip-mccormick-on-ny-mag-ban-ridiculous/

Chip McCormick has made standard-length 8-round 1911 magazine for decades. They go like stink, and I’ve used them myself for more than 15 years. Now, of course, they’re illegal in New York State. I talked to Chip briefly today about the NY Gun Ban . . .

What does The Man himself (pictured) have to say about Andrew Cuomo’s grand plan to save humanity? ”Ridiculous! My F350 diesel pickup is a lot more dangerous than a 1911, and I don’t see them banning those.”

Chip is right, but no idea seems to bizarre or too stupid for New York to try. Bloomberg already banned Big Gulps, so I suggest we don’t give Cuomo any more ideas.

Assclowns.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 07:34:46 PM »
Just shows how Chip isn't looking at the big picture.

Sure, we would love to ban personal transportation and limit any travel to those means where our subjects movements can be tracked, but any fool knows we won't be able to do that until we take away their guns.  
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2013, 07:15:10 AM »
This is just going to further divide this country. New York State is already losing "rich people" because of the tax structure the communists have created in that God awful state. Much like France has. It's the same with California. It has become the place to be from. Property taxes are driving many home owners out of Illinois. Between that, and a lot of the once plentiful jobs drying up there, they are in financial turmoil.

Soon these communist states are going to be composed of nothing but worthless freeloaders and government "workers", and no one to support them. That will be the end of their political dream. What happened in Wisconsin last year is just a taste of things to come. You can't force someone to live in a Democratic state. Especially if they have any money. They want to keep it too much. This is a train going 100 MPH down a dead end track. Andrew Cuomo just opened the throttle a little more yesterday. Keep your mags loaded.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2013, 09:09:00 AM »
Can't keep them loaded,if I have 8 rounds in my 1911 magazine it makes me a felon... ::) ::)
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 04:48:45 AM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2013, 09:39:24 AM »
Can't keep them loaded,if I have 8 rounds in my 1911 magazine it makes me a felon... ::) ::)

I think we have missed the obvious solution to the whole Magazine Capacity concerns.

Simply keep making the largest capacity for each weapon and put a Sign (sticker) on them saying

"If his magazine is to be used in a firearm for illegal purposes, do not load it to more than 10 rounds (7 in NY) under penalty of law."

Then enjoy the rest of the conversation if a Liberal asks if we really believe a criminal is going to obey that law.   :D :D :D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Jkwas

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Jkwas
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2013, 12:52:49 PM »
Now,
Can you do 7 in the mag and one in the pipe?   How does that play out?

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2013, 12:57:49 PM »
Can I load 14 rds and carry an empty mag. Do they let you "average"?
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2013, 01:45:10 PM »
Now,
Can you do 7 in the mag and one in the pipe?   How does that play out?
The way I read it is you can only have 7 in the Mag.it says nothing about one in the chamber,so that's how my 1911 is loaded,for a total of 8 rounds at the ready,I have also added 2 more magazines to my belt,so now instead of carrying 25 round on me I'll have 36...It pays to be prepared... ;D ;D
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2013, 04:44:24 PM »
Remember that Siamese 1911?

2 of everything.  Might be time to revisit that concept. . Not exactly, but a firearm fed by two magazines

—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk