Author Topic: NY near vote on new gun laws  (Read 6139 times)

Jkwas

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Jkwas
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NY near vote on new gun laws
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 03:37:19 PM »
So much of IDPA or Three gun in New York.    Who makes 7 round mags for Glocks?

I just can't believe the usually "smarter than everyone else" people in New York would stand for this.

Thank god for them lest we be lost in the woods.......... (bleeding sarcasm)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 04:06:36 PM »
I doubt it would happen, but I'd like to see a boycott of the firearms manufactures of NY government agencies.

I imagine the NYC police market alone is too big to give up.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 05:42:31 PM »
Since Bushmaster caved to the KY move to Chucky Schumers (sweetheart deal), and set up shop with Remington. (Ilion, NY), and Kimber makes pistols in Yonkers, are they now in violation of the law?

They ban internet sales of "AW"'s right?

I do not (heart) NY.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 08:58:54 PM »
Roger Pilon, the director of the Cato Institute’s Center for Constitutional Studies, added that, “Right now, there is an intense focus by the left on gun control legislation and therefore one imagines that overzealous prosecution might be in the cards.

“In the hands of an over-eager prosecutor, a citizen’s liberty can be very much at peril regardless of what statute might be in play," he said.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 07:23:17 AM »
Roger Pilon, the director of the Cato Institute’s Center for Constitutional Studies, added that, “Right now, there is an intense focus by the left on gun control legislation and therefore one imagines that overzealous prosecution might be in the cards.

“In the hands of an over-eager prosecutor, a citizen’s liberty can be very much at peril regardless of what statute might be in play," he said.

I will never set foot in New York. For me it ranks right up there with Mexico, J.A.S.T.A., (Just Another $h!thole To Avoid).

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:26:43 AM »

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 07:34:03 AM »
Never liked NY. 

Had to make monthly trips to corporate headquarters up there in the '80s. 

I got the same "hair on the back of the neck" feeling in NY that I experienced in 1967 in Vietnam.

Make it a gun free zone.

I won't miss it.

Crusader
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Combat Diver

• De Oppresso Liber
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 10:59:58 AM »
Unfortunitly I have to travel to Ft Drum NY for work next week.  Going to be interesting to see how things are going behind the iron curtain.

CD
Iraq: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09,15 & 16' Afghanistan: 09,10,11,14 & 17'

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2013, 11:57:28 AM »
Well, maybe some NY sheriffs will have the honor and courage to step up and fulfill their oath of office.

It works against unconstitutional state laws as well federal.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Jkwas

• Jkwas
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2013, 12:14:16 PM »
from ammoland.com

Stronger regulations on ammunition: Under the legislation, New York will have the strongest ban on high capacity magazines in the country, with a limit on capacity of seven rounds, down from the current limit of ten. The legislation includes a ban on possession of pre-1994 high capacity magazines, and will require owners to sell the banned magazines out of state within one year. Existing ten round magazines can be grandfathered in, but may only be loaded with 7 rounds.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2013, 12:21:52 PM »
from ammoland.com

Stronger regulations on ammunition: Under the legislation, New York will have the strongest ban on high capacity magazines in the country, with a limit on capacity of seven rounds, down from the current limit of ten. The legislation includes a ban on possession of pre-1994 high capacity magazines, and will require owners to sell the banned magazines out of state within one year. Existing ten round magazines can be grandfathered in, but may only be loaded with 7 rounds.

Now that is funny....

The situation is so 'dire' that the 'honor system' is used for magazine capacity limits.

I bet outlaws will be rushing to purchase magazine plugs to limit capacity so they don't inadvertently break the law.

If this is a workable solution, why not just say you can own assault weapons, but you can't use them to kill innocent people.
—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk