Author Topic: Wyoming Considers Gun Protection Bill  (Read 1349 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Wyoming Considers Gun Protection Bill
« on: January 11, 2013, 01:34:55 PM »
Wonder if this could work.   I guess firearms manufactures would need to open a 'plant' in each state to be exempt in that state.

The part needed to be made in the state would be the one with the serial number as it is the 'gun'.  Other parts could be made elsewhere and shipped in for assembly.

Question I have is how much of the finishing of, say, a AR lower or a revolver frame can be done before it becomes a gun?  Could it be cast or forged then shipped?  Or could it also gave some of the machining done first?  And if so how much?  Looking to determine how little tooling would be needed in each state for it to be considered to have been made in state.

The bill reads: “No public servant as defined in W.S. 6-5-101, or dealer selling any firearm in this state shall enforce or attempt to enforce any act, law, statute, rule or regulation of the United States government relating to a personal firearm, firearm accessory or ammunition that is owned or manufactured commercially or privately in Wyoming and that remains exclusively within the borders of Wyoming.”

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/wyoming-considers-gun-freedom-bill.html

Might also cause the development of a new business model.

Sellers of ARs, for instance, might pool resources and create a single high quality lower manufacturing plant in each state and then produce the uppers etc. where ever they were established and ship everything else to the state to be assembled.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wyoming Considers Gun Protection Bill
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 05:59:01 PM »
I've already contracted a machinist to make magazines for me. You can still buy the springs, followers and base plates, the body is the only thing that would be regulated. Where there is a profit to be made, there is a the AMERICAN way.
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 06:10:33 PM »
Here is a little piece on a do it yourself AR lower.

http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=4648
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 06:29:20 PM »
Here's a link for CNC programs for AR's and 1911's .

http://www.cncguns.com/downloads.html

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 06:47:23 PM »
Sound like a nice hobby.

Instead of getting together to knit, we could gather to make AR lowers.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:32:49 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk