Author Topic: You might be a Tannerite terrorist!  (Read 1922 times)

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
You might be a Tannerite terrorist!
« on: March 09, 2013, 06:52:36 PM »
There are numerous store bought items you can purchase and mix that go boom that anyone with minimal computer skills or a high school chemistry class drop out can produce. But the FBI has all you tannerite extremists in their sights.

http://www.examiner.com/article/fbi-expresses-confidence-extremists-can-obtain-tannerite-to-make-ieds
“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.”  H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun,  July 26, 1920.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: You might be a Tannerite terrorist!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 07:01:52 PM »
Guess I'll stick to fertilizer and diesel fuel then. Oh well. ::)

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 07:38:24 PM »
Diesel is cheaper than nitromethane too.
Since there hasn't been a rash of attacks, what do you think the odds are that the most illicit use is: 

"People are attempting to acquire ammonium nitrate by removing it from cold packs.
Aside from explosives, ammonium nitrate can be used to make meth, and someone tried to buy some from a farm supply company to do that."

You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 09:27:47 AM »
"As such, the FBI has listed some “indicators [that] should be seen as suspicious and reported accordingly,” including:......Payments in cash.

So now if you save your money, and pay for something in full with cash at the time of purchase you are considered to be "suspicious"? I guess the government defination of financial normalcy is someone who is as in debt as they are.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 09:34:20 AM »
I once made a comment at a conference about the traceability of cellphones even when you don't use them.  I answered a question by telling the person the only way to stop it is to remove the battery.  I was questioned by an investigator after the session as to why I would care about being traced.

Sooooooo, if you don't carry your cellphone at all times you are up to no good in this guy's thinking  >:(
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:29:32 PM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 09:40:51 AM »
I once made a comment at a conference about the traceability of cellphones even when you don't use them.  I answered a question by telling the person the only way to stop it is to remove the battery.  I was questioned by an investigator after the session as to why I would care about being traced.

Sooooooo, if you don't carry your cellphone at all times you are up to no good in this guy's thinking  >:(

I'm curious as to what your comment was back to him? I ask because I most likely would have told him to ram it on the spot. Most all of these people think they possess some God given right to know where people are, and what business they have when they get there.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 11:13:55 AM »
Most all of these people think they possess some God given right to know where people are, and what business they have when they get there.

Cradle to grave baby, cradle to grave...
I wonder if the investigator would mind if someone tracked him. I'm betting he would have issues with it.
Dicks like this can go f**k themselves.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 11:56:33 AM »
Should have asked the guy that since he felt that way, would he mind volunteering for a telesponder implant.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk