Author Topic: Patriot or Traitor  (Read 2544 times)

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Patriot or Traitor
« on: January 09, 2013, 01:49:25 PM »
If you or someone you know begins the organization of a group to resist firearms seizures,  would you or that person be considered a Patriot?  Or, a Traitor?  I took an oath!

Edit;  I should have stated resistance by force.
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: Patriot or Traitor
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 02:03:08 PM »
Here's how I see it in my paltry mind:

The original Revolution was a against a tyrannical king, and technically since we were under Crown Law, it was treasonous in nature... even if it was the right course of action.
The tyrant had to be overthrown in order to establish a just Republic.

Now, the Republic, already being established, is in need of defense of the Constitution.... so, actions along that line would be those of a Patriot.

Hope that makes sense.... I've been struggling of late to do that in type written words.  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 04:02:24 PM »
If memory serves me correctly, we didn't overthrow the King of England. We freed ourselves from his subjugation. The King considered that to be treason by virtue of armed insurrection and tried to reclaim his colony in 1812. In our current construct, we do not have a king. We have a constitutional form of government. That constitution obligates us to rebel against any tyranny, especially one that smacks of rulings by decree (king-like) to the detriment of the freedoms specified in our constitution and guaranteed via our representative republic form of government. Our objective must not be to overthrow the constitution and its provided three branches of government. Our first recourse must be to use the provisions in the constitution to remedy the problem. The most immediate remedy probably will be impeachment AND conviction. And therein lies a major problem where the Republican House may have the votes to bring a bill of impeachment but the Democrat Senate will not vote to convict. That process, however, must be allowed to proceed before we resort to armed rebellion. In order to be successful, an armed rebellion inside this country must have the support of the people even if a small percentage of the populace is actually engaged in rebellion. Also, the military and police organizations must be sympathetic or at least neutral. Otherwise the rebellion will be crushed. Unless I am mistaken, this situation is not analogous to the Civil War, wherein wholly contiguous states seceded from the union. This will be a situation that pockets of resistance in many states may become too easily isolated, bypassed or completely overrun. In short, if you win you are a patriot. If you lose, you are a traitor...and dead. Is unity possible?

"In politics, what begins in fear usually ends in folly."
---- Coleridge
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 04:56:09 PM »
Want a dangerous reputation in today's world?

Quote, learn, recite, and teach the words of our Founding Fathers.

The answer is plain.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington
First President of the United States

"The best we can help for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
Alexander Hamilton
The Federalist Papers at 184-8

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson
Third President of the United States

No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
         ---Thomas Jefferson: Draft Virginia Constitution, 1776.

[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.
         ---James Madison,The Federalist Papers, No. 46.

Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American...[T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.
         ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Many more "dangerous" quotes easily found. Of course the MSM now considers our Founders, nothing but old white slaveholders.
The Left is re-writing history daily, and the indoctrination of the youth through academia is now evident.

JFK's quote about "Ask NOT what your country can do for you", is now "Where is my free sh**, (and my free phone)...

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

GASPASSERDELUXE

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 05:09:05 PM »
History is written by the winner. Win and you are a patriot, loose and you will be the traitor.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:23:11 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 07:34:22 PM »
FBG, a lot of us took that oath, it was to the Constitution, not Congress or some self important asshole who conned and scammed his way into the White House .
Any one who violently resists the castration of the Constitution will be portrayed in the media as a violent lunatic , or, as in the Soviet Union, as a "bandit" .
It will be a mark of honor, for they will in fact be Patriots.

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 07:58:47 PM »
The BHO administration would consider you a traitor.  A Constitutionalist would call you a patriot.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 08:07:31 PM »
If memory serves me correctly, we didn't overthrow the King of England. We freed ourselves from his subjugation.

Tomayto/Tomahto.

OK, OK... no the King wasn't overthrown, he still had jolly olde England.
The Revolutionaries did overthrow the American representation of the Crown and Crown Law to form an brand spanking new Constitutional Republic.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 08:12:43 PM »
If memory serves me correctly, we didn't overthrow the King of England.
"In politics, what begins in fear usually ends in folly."
---- Coleridge
We overthrew the King's colonial administration and defeated his army and Navy .
That constitutes overthrowing the previous regime here .
Besides, the laws governing national administration are the Constitution .
We do not aim to overthrow that, but to enforce it.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 08:13:44 PM »
History is written by the winner. Win and you are a patriot, loose and you will be the traitor.
+1
He who dares wins.  SAS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk