Author Topic: This Is How a Secret Gun Provision Made its Way Into Obamacare Legislation  (Read 1005 times)

tombogan03884

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/this-is-how-a-secret-gun-provision-made-its-way-into-obamacare-legislation/

There’s a widely-unknown provision in the Affordable Care Act (also known as Obamacare) — legislative wording that is capturing attention in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. Pushed by the National Rifle Association (NRA), a newly-noticed regulation that was placed deep within the bill back in 2010, among other things, bans doctors from documenting patients’ answers to questions that focus upon guns.

The Washington Post first reported on Dec. 30 about the presence of this controversial wording. Under a section with the headline “Protection of Second Amendment Gun Rights,” the NRA-advocated wording is nestled deep within the law. The Post called the inclusion, “a largely overlooked but significant challenge to a movement in American medicine to treat firearms as a matter of public health.”

>>>>>>>>>MORE AT LINK<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Timothy

I've had a few physicians ask the question.

I've told my wife and have answered the question with the following:

FO.. (f..k off!)

tombogan03884

Never been asked .
In fact, the last time I had a heart attack I had my Kel Tec with me the whole time since I had no place else to put it .

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
I used to carry in my local VA Clinic.  After a half dozen visits where my carrying may have easily been noticed, the entrance was posted.   "For Your Protection, all firearms, knives and other weapons are prohibited on the premises."

In Ohio, being found to violate that posting is a permanent revoking of  your ccw permit. 

I leave my guns in the car and still carry the knife and Blackthorn Walking stick, neither of which count as violating the CCW law.

I've not objected to anyone either.  I don't need to have a hassle trying to keep these benefits. 

Didn't ask how being unarmed would protect me from anyone who chose not to obey that sign.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk