Author Topic: Interesting Poll Numbers  (Read 1150 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Interesting Poll Numbers
« on: December 27, 2012, 12:12:25 PM »
Talk about conflicting internally:

While Americans (at least the ones who take the polls, which is dependent on location and other variables, of course) are currently in favor (or sitting on the fence) of new laws, mag bans, gun show laws etc.......... an overwhelming majority 74% of the same folks are against handgun bans.

WTH?

Here is a link to one page with all the polls..... the second is for the main article on the handgun poll alone.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/159569/americans-stricter-gun-laws-oppose-bans.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=syndication&utm_content=morelink&utm_term=Politics

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2012/12/27/record-number-of-americans-oppose-handgun-ban-gallup-poll-shows/

Sounds like many 'handgun only' owners out there are getting to be like the "Zumbo Fudds"....... do what you want with other peoples guns, but leave mine alone.

Hypocrites...... sheep........ bastards.    >:(

Shall Not Be Infringed!!!
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Interesting Poll Numbers
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 01:06:54 PM »
Could be that their mental image is of machine guns firing 1000s of round....ala the mini-gun in Terminator.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 01:08:09 PM »
Pollsters are like, (in many cases they are ) media outlets.
So they make the same dumb mistakes.
They manipulate the questions to get the result they want but then neglect to manipulate related data
Kind of like the unemployment numbers.

JLawson

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 06:33:11 PM »
... They manipulate the questions to get the result they want ...

That is SO true... poll results are worthless unless you also analyze both the sample set and the questions asked.  Simple (but exaggerated) example - let's say I make ice cream and want to reach customers who are trying to eat a little healthier.  I pay a company to take a poll so I can use the results in national advertising.  The pollsters come up with the following question:

Which of the following choices do you think is the healthiest:
a) double meat cheeseburger,
b) extra large order of french fries,
c) 3 ounce serving of ice cream

When the results come in and I find that 80% of the respondents chose (c) then I can say in my advertising, "According to a recent national survey, 4 out of 5 people think eating ice cream is healthy."  The numbers back it up but it hides the fact that the question was rigged.

Dishonest pollsters should be tarred and feathered.  >:(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk