Author Topic: Pyramyd Air and American Airgunner  (Read 3613 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Pyramyd Air and American Airgunner
« on: December 24, 2012, 08:54:32 AM »
I've watched a few episodes of American Airgunner lately. http://www.americanairgunner.com/  Sort of a knock off of several shooting shows (SG, SUSA, Gun Nuts, Top Shot, etc.), but of course all about airguning.   They have some poorly done hunting segments and a cheesy, airgun knock off of Top Shot.  I still watch it because in between they occasionally have a good tid-bit here and there on the latest in air guns.

So the last episode was about Pyramyd Air. http://www.pyramydair.com/ (And yes that's how they spell it.)  They're the MidwayUSA-Bud's of on-line air gun web sites.  The founder is Josh Unger, a polish immigrant who started the business in his basement.  A real American success story.   His views on customer and employee relations are worth the time to watch this episode (fast forward through the other junk.)   His story should be a prime case study in MBA schools.   Just makes me want to go buy another air gun, maybe even a PCP.

Fortunately, AA posts their episodes on-line right away, so here's Youtube link.  (Episode 12 2012)

(Just showed the wife the interview segments and she's eager to buy something from PA.)
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Re: Pyramyd Air and American Airgunner
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 09:23:47 AM »
They used to be better, but this season they added the reality show knock off of Top Shot.  As far as the other parts, they are trying to be everything to everybody in every show. 

My advise to them is drop the reality crap, and put a focus in each show like they used to.  Fifteen to 20 minutes of narrow focus that has variation from week to week is far better and more informative than this five of this, five of that short attention span that really does nothing for education.  If they want to stay with the same format they should take a lesson from Larry Potterfield and just sponsor short educational bits in other shows.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 11:17:15 AM »
I'd love to do an air gun show! We feature the Benjamin Marauder .25 and the super-cool Air Force Talon .177 on SHOOTING GALLERY for next season. I'm hoping I can use the air rifles and the suppressed .22s to try and keep up with the skills over the winter.

The crushing burden for most shows is the budget. Every year we go in and fight for more money for the shows, because that's how we make them better. For example, we're now using the Phantom ultra-high-speed camera for everything, and that baby is a $150K trick. We usually run 3 videographers (a full time specialty camera operator for POVs , etc), a sound technician and 1 or 2 producers (one will usually handle some specialty video as well). In a pinch, like Brazil or the Philippines, we can do the show with me and one person, but that person has to be really, really good— in Brazil, it was Producer John Carter, who had 7 years producing the Tour de France, did the first live broadcast from Everest Base Camp, the adventure race across Vietnam, etc. In the Philippines, my partner was Brook Aitken, who shared an Academy Award for cinematography for the movie The Cove.

Anyway, I feel for the guys who have such passion but a budget of kibbles and bits. And heck, I'll probably be back there one of these days! The way down is every bit as steep as the way up!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 04:50:02 PM »

Anyway, I feel for the guys who have such passion but a budget of kibbles and bits. And heck, I'll probably be back there one of these days! The way down is every bit as steep as the way up!

Michael B

May be true but you'll still have us  ;D

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
He who dares wins.  SAS

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 05:52:25 PM »
May be true but you'll still have us  ;D

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Ain't that a pair to beat a full house!  ::)
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:04:37 AM »

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 06:39:13 PM »
And I am profoundly thankful for that!

Once again, thank you all of the DRTV family for a great year, and may you have a blessed Christmas. I just checked outside the Secret Hidden Bunker...it's snowing and for the life of me I can't see even the outlines of the Wild Hunt...

Merry Christmas!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 07:13:24 PM »
And I am profoundly thankful for that!

Once again, thank you all of the DRTV family for a great year, and may you have a blessed Christmas. I just checked outside the Secret Hidden Bunker...it's snowing and for the life of me I can't see even the outlines of the Wild Hunt...

Merry Christmas!

Michael B

Boy, you ARE a glutton for punishment !
Merry Christmas  !   ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 04:33:02 AM »
Personally I love air guns,  I just wish they didn't cost so much to get a good one, and I understand about how they are harder to make then real guns.   they are lots of fun, great pest control tools and even good at getting small game.   whats funny is a cb cap out of my bolt gun is quiter then my pcp air rifle .
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk