Author Topic: Permit holders's names and addresses published by newspaper  (Read 5404 times)

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Permit holders's names and addresses published by newspaper
« on: December 24, 2012, 06:15:36 AM »
Then they add a google map with people's homes flagged that have guns:

http://m.lohud.com/localheadlines/article?a=2012312240045&f=1166

McGyver

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Permit holders's names and addresses published by newspaper
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 08:01:26 AM »
The link takes ya to a pay site.  >:(

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
On John Wayne's Tombstone

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 09:28:03 AM »
Why should this be public information?  If we allow this it should be extended to hunting license, fishing license, drivers license, automobile license, etc.  Maybe we should print the voter registration roles, and jury lists.

Be careful what you wish for and accept!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 09:32:04 AM »
Or better yet, list and map the homes of medical Pot users , or supporters of other liberal PC causes..

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 09:40:59 AM »
My name was published shortly after the Ohio CCW went into affect.  No law against it....basically "Public Record".

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:41:21 AM »

dipisc

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 12:26:56 PM »
Hi;

Another way to look at this is that burglars will probably break into your   unarmed  neighbors house and bypass you ! A least path of resistance.

GASPASSERDELUXE

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 12:46:52 PM »
Better if the names and address of all the politicians and state, county and city officials was published. Never can tell when you mau want to invite them to a necktie party in their honer.

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 12:51:40 PM »
My name was published shortly after the Ohio CCW went into affect.  No law against it....basically "Public Record".

Richard

We went through similar idiocy here in Florida some years back when an Orlando newspaper said they were going to publish a CCW list.  Legislators met quickly in an attempt to make that impossible, but when it got to court I believe the "before the fact" aspect of this was considered prior censorship and dismissed.  Nonetheless, the paper did not publish the list due to the public outcry.  In the meantime, I believe the CCW list was taken outside the circle of public records by legislation.  I do know that we haven't had any CCW listing published even by Pravda West (aka Tampa Bay Times, formerly St. Petersburg Times).  Now, we are over 1,000,000 carry permits and I don't think any paper would want to wast that much space and ink just to piss-of a majority of their readers.

FWIW
Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 01:08:38 PM »
Just another case of intimidation by progressive activists diligent journalists keeping the public informed.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 02:34:46 PM »
Better if the names and address of all the politicians and state, county and city officials was published. Never can tell when you mau want to invite them to a necktie party in their honer.

Good Idea.   Then if you need to pile their belongs in the street, dismantle the house and stack it on top and then put their car way at the top and set it on fire, you know where to find them  ;D ;D ;D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk