Author Topic: And so it begins.  (Read 4672 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: And so it begins.
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 10:58:39 PM »
So, what are you going to do if they pass it ?
Bitch, complain, and comply because" it's the law" ?
When people start talking about burying guns it's time to start digging them up and using them.

Pretty much the same thing you and everyone else will be doing...... from the sounds of it.....
You gonna fire first?
No?
Then who?
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2012, 11:15:45 PM »
Pretty much the same thing you and everyone else will be doing...... from the sounds of it.....
You gonna fire first?
No?

Then who?

Who said not ?
If no one else has the courage to say it I will, and damn the consequences.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 05:42:35 PM »
I'm not disagreeing with the NEED.......just the timing.

Heck, Tom, I've been on here long enough for all to know my stance on matters related to .gov and the Republic....... but I'm afraid the time for armed insurrection may be long past, regardless of necessity. The herd of simple-minded sheep has grown beyond what the "3%-ers" could stand up for.

The time for a 'stand' should have been in 1934......or 1968.......or even as late as 1994. When William the Slick launched into the first AWB crap, we ( the NRA, gun culture, et al) should have had our own 'Million Man March' in DC.

Now, the time has come when anyone who actually does try to make a point will be swept under the rug by .gov, and written off in the media as a "gun-crazed right-wing loony" who had to be dealt with. Larger 'pocket resistance' will just be "crazy militia" and treated like Ruby Ridge and Waco.

I don't have "THE" answer.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 06:27:07 PM »
Emiliano Zapata did .

It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emiliano_Zapata

There was a time when Americans believed that as well .
They also bowed to no one but God.
That was a long time ago though.

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 06:36:21 PM »
Peg may be onto something.
If a large number of CCW holders gathered, not in DC but VA, protesting a new AWB and basic gun rights safely and armed it might get enough attention to at least give pause.  Non-res CCW is pretty easy in VA.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:08:23 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 06:58:47 PM »
Peg may be onto something.
If a large number of CCW holders gathered, not in DC but VA, protesting a new AWB and basic gun rights safely and armed it might get enough attention to at least give pause.  Non-res CCW is pretty easy in VA.

I'm ready - VA recognizes my Minnesota permit!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 07:18:29 PM »
Be ready, people are calling for the death of ALL NRA members, ironically they want us shot to death... ::)

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/12/17/civility-nra-leaders-and-members-getting-death-threats-n1468555

My blood is near boiling-thank God I don't have a Twitter account or... :DEEP breath: ... I think we have a problem here.

EDIT:

Just saw this too.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9751588/Connecticut-school-shooting-two-US-Senators-call-for-assault-weapons-ban.html

Would you like to guess which party these two A rated Senators are from?  Do you think the highly ranked Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is going to side with the NRA on this?

What is wrong with the NRA!?!  WE TOLD THEM THIS WOULD HAPPEN!  But we're just to f'ing stoopid to see the big picture!?!   >:(

Feel like Fred on Sanford and Son,  "this is it... this is the big one..."
He who dares wins.  SAS

tombogan03884

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 08:19:45 PM »
Be ready, people are calling for the death of ALL NRA members, ironically they want us shot to death... ::)

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/12/17/civility-nra-leaders-and-members-getting-death-threats-n1468555

My blood is near boiling-thank God I don't have a Twitter account or... :DEEP breath: ... I think we have a problem here.

EDIT:

Just saw this too.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9751588/Connecticut-school-shooting-two-US-Senators-call-for-assault-weapons-ban.html

Would you like to guess which party these two A rated Senators are from?  Do you think the highly ranked Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is going to side with the NRA on this?

What is wrong with the NRA!?!  WE TOLD THEM THIS WOULD HAPPEN!  But we're just to f'ing stoopid to see the big picture!?!   >:(

Feel like Fred on Sanford and Son,  "this is it... this is the big one..."

Just goes to show what they really are.
They don't have any problem with mass murder of innocent people .
It's just guns and gun owners they hate.
If the guy had used an axe or machete in that school they would have been OK with that.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 10:07:50 PM »
That article mentions the number of people killed each year with guns but fails to mention that 60% of those are suicides. Suicidal people will kill themselves with or without a gun just like killers are going to kill one way or another.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk