Author Topic: Connecticut school shooting  (Read 28507 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Connecticut school shooting
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2012, 07:59:24 PM »
He also had Bernie Goldberg on, (a regular weekly guest). Goldberg said he favors another Assault Weapons Ban. He just lost all of my respect, and I won't listen to another word that pass from his goldfish lips.

tombogan03884

« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2012, 08:14:12 PM »
O'Reilly had Alan Gottlieb on tonight, who tried to talk through O'Reilly's incessant verbal diarrehea. He made a giant point that the NRA refused to send a spokesperson to his show (can't imagine WHY Bill!).  He also invented a new "assault rifle" tonight...an "AK-15". He referred to it several times 'till Gottlieb corrected him.
Douche. 
[size=12pt]I am happy to see some politicians framing the requests for a dialogue to include mental health,etc.[/size]

Still, it's going to be a long road.

Yes, when the idiots start talking it's nice to hear them at least touch on something that actually applies in their anti gun rants.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2012, 08:20:46 PM »
I saw this on another forum today.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2012, 10:16:43 PM »
Heard on the news in the last day or two that there were no mass murders in this country by juveniles until the late 70's.
So going back say 10 - 20 years before that what happened, what changed?  Ah the 60's!  Lyndon Johnson's great society.  As the products of the 60's reached adolescence is when these events started.  Coincidence? I think not.  You can do whatever you want, it's OK.  There is no shame.  There needs to be shame!
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

JdePietro

• M14 Patterned Protagonist
  • Top Forum Member
  • "Neither Spare nor Dispose"
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2012, 05:52:46 AM »
I haven't known what to say in these last couple of days. The tragic loss of life at such a young age causes such a visceral feeling. I have had the displeasure of being subjected to any number of media outlet calling for the ban on the very thing that could have curbed such senseless acts. This is one of the most disgusting displays of media ignorance and bias I have ever seen and the sick dogs that drool over the pain it causes everyone to see such senseless acts, their relentless quest to capitalize on every tear is unspeakable in its disgust.

This should not be a time to fight for our rights as human beings, this should be a time to bury our dead and celebrate what little life these people had. I spent yesterday sending emails and hand written letters to my US Congressmen. Today I will make phone calls but I truly believe we are in for one hell of a fight. Usually I would feel good about doing these things... This time however I do them because I know I must.

My thoughts go out to everyone on this board who is a parent. I hope that you are getting by as best you can.   
How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
-Henry David Thoreau

Sponsor

« Reply #95 on: Today at 03:15:40 AM »

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2012, 06:46:39 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2012, 07:07:36 AM »
The video you linked at the bottom was removed. What was it all about? Are there actually people that believe this whole thing didn't happen?  ???

tombogan03884

« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2012, 07:49:15 AM »
Well, it's a thought .
We only have the media's word for it and this administration did create "Fast and Furious".

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2012, 08:06:12 AM »
What is "The Situation Room"? Is this a mainstream news media cable broadcast??

DeltaM

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2012, 10:13:06 AM »
Heard on the news in the last day or two that there were no mass murders in this country by juveniles until the late 70's.
So going back say 10 - 20 years before that what happened, what changed?  Ah the 60's!  Lyndon Johnson's great society.  As the products of the 60's reached adolescence is when these events started.  Coincidence? I think not.  You can do whatever you want, it's OK.  There is no shame.  There needs to be shame!

Great point!!

What seems to be lost is if mayhem, infamy or revenge is the goal, then a Samari sword (take out the cowering teacher and go for the innocent little ones), a book-bag full of Molotov fire bombs, or PVC pipe bombs work too.  The instrument used is not the problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk