Author Topic: Connecticut school shooting  (Read 28605 times)

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Connecticut school shooting
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2012, 09:07:27 AM »
I read that there was a CCW carrier at the Clackamas Mall and he had his weapon readied, but could not take a shot due to an innocent bystander behind the shooter. He said it was too big a risk if he missed.
Too bad he didn't have a clear shot.
It is reported that right after the CCW holder attempted to engage the shooter the very next victim was the shooter himself. Like most of these cowards he quit fighting when confronted by someone that wasn't helpless
He who dares wins.  SAS

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2012, 12:54:47 PM »
It is reported that right after the CCW holder attempted to engage the shooter the very next victim was the shooter himself. Like most of these cowards he quit fighting when confronted by someone that wasn't helpless

You hit the nail on the head.  He didn't go there to fight.  He went so he could kill without having to fight.   

We create places that can be accomplished by law.

At the school, several of the teachers, principal and the school psychologist died trying to fight this mad man unarmed by law, and probably by choice too.   If only one had been armed...just one of them.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2012, 01:01:23 PM »
The reason and mindset of the anti's:

Most of you should know by now that my message is that it is about violence and not about the tool - any tool.  I have sent messages to several media outlets in our neighborhood offering my services to their staff to educate before they make fools of themselves with incorrect terminology or ideology.  This morning our local radio station fell off the wagon.  They have a short talk show between the morning guy and the general manager.  The gm is gone today, but the morning guy carried on.  He gave his wonderful words of wisdom kinda like Bob Costas.

I need a new radio for Christmas!  Why?

From the speakers above my desk:

If anyone goes Ted Nugent on me and states it is their right to own this crap they will answer to me!  I am not in the best shape, but I have the upper body strength to seriously hurt you while I have you in a headlock!

I AM going to that station in the morning to personally express that they way to answer a violent event like this is not with a violent rant on the radio.  By the way, it is going to be discussed in a business manor in the general managers office.  I am doing it in the morning, because I want morning jack ass to know I have been there.

P.S.
This morning dude is not our favorite radio dude tt!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2012, 03:16:16 PM »
I am getting so damn sick and tired of having something that is my right to own and enjoy, under constant never ending attack by over emotional, opportunistic, stupid people who lack the common sense of an insect.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454

Sponsor

« Reply #85 on: Today at 10:42:58 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2012, 03:29:59 PM »
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2012, 03:38:39 PM »
Yep. Fun and normal. Why can't the antis understand that?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

lhprop1

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2012, 03:41:55 PM »
Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous.  So are cowardice and intelligence.

"We Americans have been a rebellious band of freedom loving vagabonds from the very beginning. Our freedom from the crown and tyranny would not exist had it not been for the gun. That's a tradition we like to hold on to.  The same can't be said for the rest of you 'Subjects of the Queen'."--said to a Canadian friend who just doesn't get it.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2012, 04:36:40 PM »
I was just on the phone with a radio person I have worked with in the past.  We had an appointment to talk, and we covered a few items.  One question she asked me was about the NRA shutting everything down and being silent.  My reply:

I have had no communications, but I am aware that the NRA, a few other organizations, and most conservative legislators have gone silent.  My speculation, and it is purely my best guess, is that they are following their pattern of showing respect for the families and other victims.  I expect that after the bulk of services, and maybe after Christmas, they will be back with responsible comments.

I will be speaking to her tomorrow morning, and she indicated that she wants to get me back to the station later this week.

One thing I am fed up with, and based on my grief support and critical stress debriefing education and facilitation it is time to quit showing photos of the dead, quit talking to anybody that will talk, and quit stalking the funerals (two today) as they take place.  Give the families privacy - The number one request the Patriot Guard receives for active duty deaths is to "shield us from the public and media."  There are a group of people that need to be there and to participate, and we do need to know to a certain level.  But, the families, relatives, and friends need to work through this without looking up at the microscope lens.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2012, 07:39:39 PM »
O'Reilly had Alan Gottlieb on tonight, who tried to talk through O'Reilly's incessant verbal diarrehea. He made a giant point that the NRA refused to send a spokesperson to his show (can't imagine WHY Bill!).  He also invented a new "assault rifle" tonight...an "AK-15". He referred to it several times 'till Gottlieb corrected him.
Douche. 
I am happy to see some politicians framing the requests for a dialogue to include mental health,etc.

Still, it's going to be a long road.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk