Author Topic: Connecticut school shooting  (Read 28601 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
Re: Connecticut school shooting
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2012, 10:05:51 AM »
Timothy,

I will start the legal fund right here and right now to provide legal counsel for the families of the fallen who do not agree with their names and images being used to further any agenda!  I will expand this to victim family who does not agree with the wording and name usage on the memorial against guns that will be erected at this site.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2012, 10:09:33 AM »
I have a period and I'm not afraid to use it.

Keep your periods between you and your OBGYN.  ;D
I think he deserves an award the the longest sentence I've ever seen.

Here's something to ponder:  Does HIPPA prevent mental defects from showing up during a NICS?  If so, get rid of HIPPA, at least for things like NICS and you're not going to have cockholes like Laughner and the dickhead in CO being able to access firearms in the first place.

History says you are wrong about this.
Banning, restricting, demanding ID & signatures, etc., etc. has not "stopped" anything -- ever.   It just creates a black market.
The .gov took over the counter narcotics out of stores and prefers them being distributed by violent gangs instead.
The same thing happens today in DC & Chicago with guns.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Timothy

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2012, 10:10:34 AM »
Timothy,

I will start the legal fund right here and right now to provide legal counsel for the families of the fallen who do not agree with their names and images being used to further any agenda!  I will expand this to victim family who does not agree with the wording and name usage on the memorial against guns that will be erected at this site.

And I'll make the first donation Michael!  I wasn't disagreeing with you my friend...I've stayed pretty quiet since Friday about this story and not afraid to say I shed a few tears for these families....

JoeG

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2012, 10:34:05 AM »
When I posted I knew there were people like you in the gun community who have an understanding of the real problem . But if you had the power, you would not address it through gun manufacturers or the implements themselves so the generalization worked.

Obviously no I wouldn't go after guns. In fact, my recognition of these facts and my belief that our current social addiction to victimhood and pretending there is simple "just ban guns" solution is a big motivator for me to teach shooting to boy scouts. First to immunize them against the silly guns are evil crap with personal experience and then to get them to understand they are in charge of what they do in crisis.

I think that the rise of concealed carry is an instinctive rejection by the younger generations of the silly cluelessness of the baby boomers (hippies). Politics is always the boat anchor holding us back from change. I think it will get worse for a while and suddenly flip and being armed will become fashionable. And bring in a new set of challenges, like "does this gun make my butt look fat?"  :)
“You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.” Gen. James Mattis

JoeG

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2012, 10:39:45 AM »
Here's something to ponder:  Does HIPPA prevent mental defects from showing up during a NICS?  If so, get rid of HIPPA, at least for things like NICS and you're not going to have cockholes like Laughner and the dickhead in CO being able to access firearms in the first place.

No essentially you must have a valid reason for sharing someone's medical info. This would be a valid reason if handled correctly.

The critical problem is small number of persons that present a real threat vs. the large number of people that act threatening or talk scary. People have gotten used to being able to say stupid angry threaten shit without consequences. EG. look at how many political statements are made about the opposition wanting kill people or wishing someone would do it to them.

Heinlein had it right an armed society is a polite society.
“You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.” Gen. James Mattis

Sponsor

« Reply #65 on: Today at 06:31:34 AM »

JoeG

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2012, 10:40:51 AM »
Part of the prob is figuring out who is a threat and who is just nuts.    thats something that is very hard to determine.   you can be nuts and be perfectly safe with a gun, or you can be Mostly sane and be a danger to everyone.

tombogan03884

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2012, 10:50:07 AM »
Obviously no I wouldn't go after guns. In fact, my recognition of these facts and my belief that our current social addiction to victimhood and pretending there is simple "just ban guns" solution is a big motivator for me to teach shooting to boy scouts. First to immunize them against the silly guns are evil crap with personal experience and then to get them to understand they are in charge of what they do in crisis.

I think that the rise of concealed carry is an instinctive rejection by the younger generations of the silly cluelessness of the baby boomers (hippies). Politics is always the boat anchor holding us back from change. I think it will get worse for a while and suddenly flip and being armed will become fashionable. And bring in a new set of challenges, like "does this gun make my butt look fat?"  :)

Today's "Day by Day" cartoon at the bottom of MB's blog touches on that .
It shows the PC liberal as being "Da man" and the young conservative as being the modern version of the "rebellious" Hippie sticking it to him .

JoeG

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2012, 10:52:25 AM »
If people want to be angry about something they should be angry at the people who let this freak out on the street knowing he had mental issues and chose not to do anything about it,

I understand and share you anger and frustration.

In fact the mentally ill are actually as a group less violent than the normal population (statistically). I this not just that they are mentally ill. It has more to do with the level of emotional stress they are under, their sense of disconnection from others, lack of coping mechanisms and skills, lack of support structures like friends, church, social peers to help them process their emotions and stress. Add in drug habits, money problems, stupid role models in our culture (TV, internet).

What we look for is patterns of inappropriate aggressive reactions to smaller frustrations, willingness to intimidate others to get their way. lack of impulse control. Fear reaction by those around them. Denial by those around them.

JoeG

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2012, 10:55:35 AM »
I have a period and I'm not afraid to use it.

:)

Made me laugh. My routine comment to those in an emergency with me is to "remember to breath"

JoeG

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2012, 11:06:25 AM »
Gents,
 I will get our assessment sheet when I get into work tomorrow and post the details here for your review. It was put together by one of the 3 best expert on the planet (literally). There is a guy in the SS that is the expert for celebrities and a few psychologists that do this for us common folks and this guy who am I am happy to call a friend who is ex PD and is the "field guy" who wrote the book on how to do this in an organization. I call him "Marshall Dillon" as he loves this stuff! It he says "fascinating" or or interesting" 3 times in a case review I know I am in deep shit!

Joe

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk