Author Topic: Connecticut school shooting  (Read 28505 times)

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Connecticut school shooting
« on: December 14, 2012, 12:23:25 PM »
Just heard that there was a shooting at a Connecticut elementary school shooting.  Many dead.  Sketchy facts at this time. Fox running coverage.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

oldkat69

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Fides sed veritas
  • Liked:
Re: Connecticut school shooting
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 12:45:38 PM »
??? When will we learn?  Gun free zones are kill zones.  :'(

I am a shooter. ???
I am a parent. :'(
I am a lawyer and a teacher. ???
I am a student of self defense. :(
Gun free zones are kill zones.  :-[

We must study Israel.

I used to be open minded but my brain kept falling out.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 12:52:19 PM »
My heart breaks for the victims of the school shooting in Connecticut...... and I pray for the families involved.

*As a side observation:
It's so sad that such a large number of people (even kids) can be shot, in that amount of time, and no adult bystanders even try to step in to do anything. Has this nation totally conditioned itself as helpless sheep that they won't even try to defend themselves or small kids?
We need more sheepdogs out there to fend off the wolves.

And the timing for this despicable act of a crazy man will feed the anti-gun frenzy to a high furor once again....reporters are already railing against the "Angry American Gun Culture"........ and this guy's 15 minutes of fame/shame in all the media outlets will only serve to encourage other 'copy-cats' to do more harm to innocents.

I just heard one reporter say the most sane thing I've ever heard one say related to why crazy people like this choose schools as targets for this type of insanity: And that is they know that there are no other guns around and no one to defend against them....Pure cowardice in my book.

As CR so often says, my heart weeps for this nation.

Input from Rob Pincus on the PDN page:

http://www.icetraining.info/how-should-the-firearms-community-respond-to-active-shooter-spree-murder-events-and-how-do-we-train-teachers/

http://www.icetraining.info/what-do-you-tell-your-kids-after-the-spree-killing-in-sandy-hook-ct/
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Fox_Hound

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 01:15:57 PM »
We just had two murdered in the Clackamas Town Center here in OR day before yesterday. Had a talk with my girlfriend who is an excellent shot and soon to be a CHL holder about what we would do in such a situation. And now this. Her oldest just started school this year at a public school. I'm really dreading her hearing about it.
"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?" ~ Sherlock Holmes

oldkat69

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Fides sed veritas
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 01:34:43 PM »
My heart breaks for the victims of the school shooting in Connecticut...... and I pray for the families involved.

*As a side observation:
It's so sad that such a large number of people (even kids) can be shot, in that amount of time, and no adult bystanders even try to step in to do anything. Has this nation totally conditioned itself as helpless sheep that they won't even try to defend themselves or small kids?
We need more sheepdogs out there to fend off the wolves.

Hey Peg,  didn't we just have this conversation on 11 days ago?
I used to be open minded but my brain kept falling out.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:53:37 AM »

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 02:17:24 PM »
Hey Peg,  didn't we just have this conversation on 11 days ago?

Sadly, yessir.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 02:24:19 PM »
Didn't take long.  Obama was just live on TV saying that "we have to take meaningful action, regardless of the politics. in the days ahead."  He ran through a list of recent incidents and threw in a "street corner in Chicago"
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 02:33:04 PM »
Didn't take long.  Obama was just live on TV saying that "we have to take meaningful action, regardless of the politics. in the days ahead."  He ran through a list of recent incidents and threw in a "street corner in Chicago"

BHO: Never one to let a crisis go to waste.

Ksail101

• Airborne all the way!!!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 03:18:15 PM »
First I pray for the families of the victims and those whose lives will forever be changed by the PTSD they will suffer from this horror.

Now again in our public schools. Anyone seeing a trend here?  Can we please do something about it. When I was a kid I probably had 10 teachers in my life in the 2 schools I attended, One private one public, that were Vietnam vets. A couple with real ranger/lrrp and possible spec warfare background. I'm sure that they could have and would have done all they could to protect us kids if they had a means to do so.

We spend millions on dumb shit in this country and hell give our money away to undeserving people in other countries. (My beliefs) Would it be so hard to install auto locks on all doors in a school with main controls throughout like fire alarm pull switches. First shot bam someone locks them down. Next possibly a defense system in place. 3 teachers trained in some sort or firearms functioning and allowed, in the area they are in most, a secure firearm or threat disabling device to that be accessed to protect those he or she has under her control/sector. I know this is all so radical that it would never ever even be thought of or done.

Next and my last radical and extreme thought is this. We are faced with one of the most anti gun leadership in the history of the usa. And I am not just talking about Obamas term. People are so afraid he would ban guns you couldn't buy a box of ammo or popular gun for how long there. Anyway even before him there have been people put in very powerful positions who strongly oppose guns. What better way to prove the dangers of guns by having a lot of high profile "shooting sprees". Anyone finding it odd it's happening more and more lately. And the coverage these shooting in the media is insane. Unless the shooting hurts those in favor of gun bans ie fast and furious. I am by no means saying the government is the one behind these shootings but its odd that they are happening now with regularity and being covered like a coming apocalypse.  Something isn't adding up I can't figure it out. But there is a reason people are trying to gain fame or whatever by doing these shootings.

One thought to that is they are coaching kids from an early age that this is the ultimate crime. Much like being a gangster in the 20's (and the early 90's for that matter crips and bloods) were portrayed and look how that took off. Don't know just rambling thoughts. But it's funny when you preach against something so much yet it happens more. Huh? Don't know. Might be something there.

I'm tired of my guns being made to look like its the reason for this. It's the melted mind of a person doing it. But I'm preaching to the choir on how we all feel and see this.
Did we win???

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 03:33:10 PM »
8 adults killed...all unarmed and defenseless by law.

If only one had been armed, this tragedy may have ended much sooner.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk