Author Topic: New from Smith & Wesson  (Read 3355 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1021
Re: New from Smith & Wesson
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 08:09:02 PM »
I like the 1911s but they're double what I'm willing to pay for one.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 08:11:44 PM »
All their Pro Center stuff is pricey but it is good stuff usually.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 08:15:14 PM »
$1500 for a .22 ?
There are others just as well made and just as accurate. maybe better, I've shot Ruger's and Browning's but not the S&W.

There isn't any "collector value" since it is a "reissue", not an original .
I have noticed, especially with the "Classic" line, that S&W MSRP is ridiculous, they might be worth those prices if they were custom hand made, but there isn't a production pistol in the world worth that kind of money especially not obsolete designs..

Now that I'm done ranting I will admit I have never seen a S&W in a store that was actually priced at their MSRP.
I like S&W, I just think some of their sales people should be horse whipped.

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 09:45:42 PM »
The Model 41 is a current production model. The non-Pro Center ones come in 5.5 and 7 inch models. The Pro Center has a top rail installed and, like all Model 41's it has:

• Switch-Barrel Design Allows Both 5.5” and 7” Barrels on One Frame
• Target Trigger Set at 2.75 to 3.25 lbs.
• Adjustable Trigger Stop

I shoot in a .22 pistol league and there are several shooters using Model 41's. I'd love to have one.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:47:44 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 11:08:04 PM »
Model 41s are worth the money.   I had one, wife took it, so I had to buy another.    its hard to find a pistol as good as the 41 for the price ( new, used is a diffrent story)   
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 08:06:15 PM »
$1500 for a .22 ?
There are others just as well made and just as accurate. maybe better, I've shot Ruger's and Browning's but not the S&W.

There isn't any "collector value" since it is a "reissue", not an original .
I have noticed, especially with the "Classic" line, that S&W MSRP is ridiculous, they might be worth those prices if they were custom hand made, but there isn't a production pistol in the world worth that kind of money especially not obsolete designs..

Now that I'm done ranting I will admit I have never seen a S&W in a store that was actually priced at their MSRP.
I like S&W, I just think some of their sales people should be horse whipped.

You're right Tom.  When the movie Dirty Harry came out Model 29s had a premium of several hundred dollars more than MSRP ;D
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 03:04:47 AM »
I shot better with a short barrel High Standard Victor than i ever could with a S&W M 41 but that is just me.  The best group NRA Bullseye style I ever shot was with a 4" Colt Match Target!  Alas, all three are out of my range now.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk