Author Topic: Beer question, please..  (Read 8185 times)

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer question, please..
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2012, 10:12:27 PM »
Most Aussie beers (non-export) have a better, heavier taste than American beers. I preferred Abbotts Lager over VB, Fosters or Carltons when I lived there (1976-1980). Definitely stay away from Southwark, however, because that is real piss.

santahog, I finally got a chance to read your rant from a few days ago. I hope it wasn't oriented toward me, but if it was I hope it made you feel better to rant at me than mrs santahog!  I've been where you are except my neurosurgeon kept putting off the surgery as I began responding to his therapies and to the exercise regimen he gave me. Surgery was always one week out for me. I'm pulling for you all the way. I had never felt more pain than that and I feel yours must be worse. Hang in there and rant some more if it helps.
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2012, 09:56:42 AM »
santahog, I finally got a chance to read your rant from a few days ago. I hope it wasn't oriented toward me, but if it was I hope it made you feel better to rant at me than mrs santahog!  I've been where you are except my neurosurgeon kept putting off the surgery as I began responding to his therapies and to the exercise regimen he gave me. Surgery was always one week out for me. I'm pulling for you all the way. I had never felt more pain than that and I feel yours must be worse. Hang in there and rant some more if it helps.
??? ??? ???
If wasn't talking about a poster here!.. Hell, if I thought somebody needed yelling at, I'm generally content enough to do it, if there's a possibility that it might help at least a third party learn something..
It's not your fault I can't damn walk half the time, unless you're doing some bad acupuncture while I'm asleep or something..
I'm STILL going to the range, if I can find somebody to chew the fat with and walk downrange with me..
PS. It's not her fault either...  ::)

I'll still bitch if I feel like it. Nobody has to listen to it..
Rarely does anybody anyway..
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2012, 10:06:13 AM »
Sex in a canoe= F**king close to water... ;D ;D
Okay, I get it now.. Thanks.
Never heard that one before..
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2012, 07:30:49 PM »
There are two things that are meant to be connected - The Right to Keep and Bear Arms and the Right to Homebrew!

PRACTICE FREEDOM!

Homebrewing has long been a part of American tradition.
 • Beer has been brewed in people’s homes since the dawn of agriculture several thousand years ago.
 • In colonial times, homebrewing was a common household practice.
 • Many of the Nation’s founders, including George Washington, James Madison and Thomas Jefferson, were homebrewers.

I'm a card carrying NRA member and a card carrying member of the American Homebrewing Association!

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/

For more information on beer styles take a look here: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/style

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

tombogan03884

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2012, 08:11:23 PM »
There are two things that are meant to be connected - The Right to Keep and Bear Arms and the Right to Homebrew!

PRACTICE FREEDOM!

Homebrewing has long been a part of American tradition.
 • Beer has been brewed in people’s homes since the dawn of agriculture several thousand years ago.
 • In colonial times, homebrewing was a common household practice.
 • Many of the Nation’s founders, including George Washington, James Madison and Thomas Jefferson, were homebrewers.

I'm a card carrying NRA member and a card carrying member of the American Homebrewing Association!

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/

For more information on beer styles take a look here: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/style

Until the advent of refrigerated rail cars there was no choice except home brewing, or small local breweries, what we now call "micro breweries".
Investment in these cars allowed companies like Anhuaser/Busch to launch their empires.

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 04:33:15 AM »

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2012, 08:17:35 PM »
Mike Rowe has a program on Discovery called, How Booze Built America.

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk