Author Topic: Young Woman Threatened with Explusion For Refusal To Wear RFID  (Read 10346 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Young Woman Threatened with Explusion For Refusal To Wear RFID
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 01:14:50 PM »
Got to agree with TAB on this one .
All technology has and upside and a down side.
When  I G Farben sold pounds of Zyclon B to farmers it was a good thing .
When they sold tons of it to the SS it was a different story.
RFID chips are just like guns, in the hands of honest citizens they are a handy tool, in the hands of those who would victimize the rest of us the are another means of oppression.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 01:56:39 PM »
When a government agency starts to punish  you for not carrying one, it has to be approaching the dark side.

This is very easy to circumvent though.  If your ID card in in the cafeteria all during lunch break, so are you as far as the 'official records' will show.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 03:03:16 PM »
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2012, 04:28:53 PM »
rfid chips used for things like attendence are not exactly a bad thing.( all teens can not be trusted)

They didn't need them when I was in high school...they knew I wasn't going to be there!
(or stay the whole hour, whichever came first) 
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 05:45:40 PM »
When a government agency starts to punish  you for not carrying one, it has to be approaching the dark side.

This is very easy to circumvent though.  If your ID card in in the cafeteria all during lunch break, so are you as far as the 'official records' will show.

You wouldn't say that about ATF  ;D

Sponsor

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 06:17:11 PM »
You wouldn't say that about ATF  ;D

And I thought you were a Realist  ;D ;D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 07:05:05 PM »
Hey, A guy can dream can't he  ;D

JLawson

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 11:48:12 PM »
Like others have said, I have mixed feelings about this.  First, the student's argument is framed by a perceived violation of constitutional rights.  Which right is being violated?  There is no explicit constitutional right to privacy.  The fourteenth amendment's liberty clause has been used to argue that generalized privacy issues are covered by the constitution but this is not universally accepted jurisprudence.  http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/rightofprivacy.html  Secondly, the student refuses to wear a RFID-less ID card even though her primary complaint centered on the tracking capabilities of the RFID-equipped ID.  Her argument for this behavior makes no sense to me... wearing the chipless ID is an implicit endorsement of the tracking technology?  She had no problem wearing an earlier version ID card and even tried to use the old card during a school activity.  So an old chipless ID is OK but a new chipless ID is not OK?  I don't see the logic here.

The school district has a serious attendance problem and they are trying to use technology to solve the problem.  Kids actually IN the classroom does mean more dollars for the district but it also means that the kids have a better chance of accomplishing what they're supposed to be doing anyway - learning something.  It also means they're not contributing to crime in the community.  Would tracking the kids beyond the boundaries of the school property be appropriate?  Of course not.  And THERE is my problem with this whole project... is the issue one of losing kids after they're on campus or is the issue getting them to campus in the first place?  RFID tracking while on campus will do nothing to get them to school to begin with.

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 12:08:34 AM »
Knowing kids these days, with text messages and facebook and all that to organize things, one kid just carry around another kid's RFID equipped card.

Or he could carry the ID cards for twenty other kids.

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 12:40:42 AM »
If it has a transceiver that connects to a network, it's got an RFID capability.  Any phone (cell or otherwise), computer, TV,  or DVD/BluRay with wireless capability can and does get used to report trends.

Really?

Then we aren't too far from this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bXJ_obaiYQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk