Author Topic: Dinner w/ CEO of S&W  (Read 2001 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Dinner w/ CEO of S&W
« on: November 15, 2012, 08:26:58 PM »
So it's like this, Jim ...  that's James Debney, CEO of S&W to you guys,  was in town today and invited me to have dinner with him. 

Well, me and 299 of my closest shooting buddies.   ;)   We had BBQ PORK, baked beans, slaw, salad and rolls.   Open bar!  Lot's of pies for desert.

Somewhere during the evening he caught us up on the state of the corporation and how they were doing.  While I am a revolver fan, I'm rapidly becoming a S&W fan for the other platforms as well.  Good time was had by all.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dinner w/ CEO of S&W
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 10:12:49 PM »
Ok. I am officially Jealous.   :)

Sounds like an awesome time!   8)

You lucky dog. 

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 10:16:04 PM »
Nice, hobnobbing with the the big guys.   ;D
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 10:59:04 PM »
"Hey Jim... Pull my finger"

Glad you had fun. Gratz.

Timothy

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 06:14:40 AM »
Alf,

Is he a "gun" guy?  Simply running a profitable company that makes guns could be done by a simple business guy.  He came from Alcoa so for the tin foil hat crew, that's a daily double!

;)

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:18:24 AM »

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 06:46:59 AM »
That's really cool! I sent him an email once requesting permission to use "Smith&Wesson" in a song. He replied right away and said, "Sure" but was confused as to why I'd even ask.  Seems like a really sharp guy.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 07:04:44 AM »
Is he a "gun" guy?  Simply running a profitable company that makes guns could be done by a simple business guy. 

So said the master of ceremonies during introductions.  He said Jim hunts and shoots.

These guys, Jim and VP of Marketing and the SE Sales manager, were very nice, very personable and genuinely happy to spend time with just a plain consumer like me.     They greeted and talked to me with the same friendliness and enthusiasm as I watch them talk to some of their larger potential customers (police chiefs, US congressman, tactical trainers).

A short version of the presentation.   S&W forgot its roots ....firearms.   They are now singly focused on firearms.   Sales and profits indicate they're on the right tract.  They've co-opted the M&P brand from revolvers and made it THE S&W brand for Military and LEO markets (includes AR platform).   When the military replaces the 92, S&W plans to be in the top of the fray with the M&P line.   Emphasis on AMERICAN made.   Talking with several "trainers" from both LE organizations and contract trainers, they said S&W is outpacing Glock.  Many departments are just waiting for the contracts with Glock to expire then  jump back to S&W.

Other "lines" of product include Revolvers, CCW market with Bodyguard, Governor for home defense, the SW1911 and T/C with unique rifles for hunting industry, but also could be a great sniper platform with interchangeable calibers.

Not mentioned, Sigma or Walther (Walther being more of an alliance not a true S&W product).

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 07:40:23 PM »
He didn't by any chance mention getting rid of the infernal f&@&ing lock on revolvers did he?

Nah, nevermind...probably not the right venue to bring that up.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 07:43:05 PM »
Amid 300 "gun people" seems like the perfect venue to bring that up.
If it had been 300 Lawyers , maybe not.  ;D

Timothy

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 07:44:44 PM »
They offer several revolvers without the infernal internal..

Just got to look through the site until you find them..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk