Author Topic: ABC news interested in handgun use for self-defense  (Read 4601 times)

Boulderlaw

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
ABC news interested in handgun use for self-defense
« on: April 06, 2007, 10:31:35 PM »
http://www.abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=3015150

"Gun Used In Self-Defense? Tell '20/20'!"

"April 6, 2007 — Have you ever defended yourself from a crime in your
home, in your business, or in public by using a gun? Perhaps you warded
off a potential attacker by simply showing a gun?

"40 states now allow their citizens to obtain conceal-carry permits for
handguns. Some people say that's dangerous, while others say it allows
them to protect themselves.

If you have a story of self-defense involving the aid of a gun and would
like to tell it to 20/20, please fill out the form below. A "20/20"
producer may contact you."

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: ABC news interested in handgun use for self-defense
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 12:12:36 AM »
I wouldn't trust ABC to tell the truth on that one!  By the time they got through editing what you said they would make it sound like you hate guns.
Life Member of the NRA

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 12:36:07 AM »
I wouldn't trust ABC to tell the truth on that one!  By the time they got through editing what you said they would make it sound like you hate guns.
Unless John Stossel was doing the story.  He seams to be a straight shooter (no pun intended)
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

Boulderlaw

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 07:16:58 AM »
If this had been any other program I might not have posted the link. ABC 20/20 is co-anchored by John Stossel, who is utterly out of place in the "liberal media." I have heard him speak off-camera on several occasions; he has pushed throughout his career to force 20/20 to air more rational, liberty-oriented segments.

The tone of the request seems to suggest that the piece could have a pro-self defense tone. Of course, that all depends on who responds. If ccw holders respond in large numbers, the chances of Stossel successfully pushing for a pro-gun segment increase dramatically. Give him some ammunition - your stories - to fight the liberal goons!

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 07:43:48 AM »
I've posted this link before, but I think this "20/20" 2003 video entitled "Gun Myths" shows that John Stossel  would do a credible job defending gun owners and gun rights in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR9RN_iSKtg
Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:44:52 AM »

flyandscuba

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 09:33:01 AM »
They only need to search so far as to read the monthly "Armed Citizen" section of the NRA's magazine....but then, I doubt if they'd give anything associated with the NRA or "gun lobby" a fair shake.

Personally, I'd not want to subject myself to any possibility of being mis-represented by the "media" when it comes to firearms and my use of them for self defense.  My very close friends and family know that I typically carry a CCW 24/7 -- other than that, no one else needs to know.

I think the chances are greater that the piece will somehow seek to discredit those featured, or at best question if the use of a firearm was really necessary -- rather than being truly supportive of an armed citizenry who realize that only they -- themselves -- can do anything to provide protection....and not the law enforcement community.  No insult to the LEOs intended -- they just simply can't be everywhere -- protecting everyone....especially since they are spending as much time as they can to collect the "two-legged trash" that has already committed crimes...

Boulderlaw

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:

Timmy Jimmy

• Forum Member
  • Austin, Texas
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 10:20:13 PM »
I don't have a story and hope and pray I never do but I sure wish that ABC (NBC, CBS, and CNN) would show a lot more respect and news that tells of good gun use!
Timmy Jimmy
Kimber Ultra CDP

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk