Author Topic: A left handed 1911?  (Read 2601 times)

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Life Member of the NRA

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Re: A left handed 1911?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 08:53:05 AM »
For lefties it is a great thing.  However, whether for sport or self-defense I would prefer an ambi.  When my current 1911 is nearing retirement that is what I will be looking at.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 09:12:48 AM »
I'm not so sure it's $5k great.  ???
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 10:26:15 AM »
http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/history/randall_history.htm

LEFT-HANDED RANDALL PISTOLS

Randall shocked the firearms industry during the week of May 17, 1984 when it introduced the first of 10 left-handed models. These pistols were entire mirror-images of their right-handed counterparts, including the reversal of twist in the rifling from the left-to-right in the right-handed guns to right-to-left in the left-handed guns.

What the Randall Company did was to make the entire breadth of its line available to southpaws in left-hand configuration. All left-handed Randall’s are considered to be extremely desirable and highly collectible, due to the fact that only 7.4% of total production was in the form of left-handed guns.

In order to make this truly left-handed handgun, it was necessary to re-tool for 17 major parts changes. This even meant that special left-handed magazines needed to be produced.

First among the lefties was the Service Model B111, which was a full-size government model with five-inch, 10-groove barrel and round-top slide with fixed sights. There were 297 pistols of this model made, with a serial number range of RF02100C to RF03092C. The first Model B111 was made on May 17, 1984, and the last one came off the line September 7th of that same year.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MORE AT LINK<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 05:19:10 PM »
The Natural Superiority Of The Left-Hander, completely rationalizes why this kind of thing is not necessary.

Being a "southpaw" pistol, (but a right-handed rifle), shooter, My adaptations with my 1911, involves only an Ed Wilson ambi-safety...and that's it...

My M&P's, can be "swapped" for a lefty mag release, which I did, however, the other "righty" only models, have just been relegated to my fingers adapting to the controls.

For $5000, I'll get a "righty" Barrett, and deal with it.... ;D

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:26:54 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk