Author Topic: HEAR YE! HEAR YE! The Fourth Annual 1911Gunman Online Postal Match Is Here!  (Read 7840 times)

Timothy

Re: HEAR YE! HEAR YE! The Fourth Annual 1911Gunman Online Postal Match Is Here!
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2011, 06:35:49 PM »
Are air rifles allowed?

Not that I have one at the moment and my range time is limited.  I can borrow one and shoot out back of the mobile home park where I'm living at the moment!

Either way, a check will get there eventually but a job comes first!

:P

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2011, 06:39:04 PM »
Are air rifles allowed?

I don't see why not, just pick the rifle category that suits you and let those pellets/BB's fly......Just don;t shoot your eye out.... ;)
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2011, 11:24:48 AM »
My rail gun has been laid up for months with a bad capacitor, but that didn't stop me.  I resorted to the old tried and true antique gunpowder guns.

Wow, old school.....I like it!  ;)
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Tonight is first night of league, and I was going to shoot a few targets after ...

Damn!!!  Missed the deadline again  :'(
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Tonight is first night of league, and I was going to shoot a few targets after ...

Damn!!!  Missed the deadline again  :'(

If there are no objections, with the holidays, and weather considerations, I have no trouble extending it another week to January 10.

;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
Just me blabbering.. but if its good with everyone.. lets extend it to January 15th...  That gives everyone a chance with more give and take on time.. if they want to do it..
Is that ok? ( and don't say it is..just because it was me suggesting it.. )
 I realize I'm a spoiled brat in here and pretty much you all carry me around on satin pillows.. but if you're not in agreement .. just say so..
((I'm a pain in the ass... but I don't want to be a REAL pain in the ass all the time.,. ))  lol

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

BAC

Just me blabbering.. but if its good with everyone.. lets extend it to January 15th...  That gives everyone a chance with more give and take on time.. if they want to do it..
 I realize I'm a spoiled brat in here and pretty much you all carry me around on satin pillows.. but if you're not in agreement .. just say so..
((I'm a pain in the ass... but I don't want to be a REAL pain in the ass all the time.,. ))  lol

I'm OK with that, Ma'am.  Another grape?

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
That will include one more weekend......Sounds great to me...Keep the entries coming.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tombogan03884

Just me blabbering.. but if its good with everyone.. lets extend it to January 15th...  That gives everyone a chance with more give and take on time.. if they want to do it..
((I'm a pain in the ass... but I don't want to be a REAL pain in the ass all the time.,. ))  lol

NO!
Not just NO, but HE** NO !

I actually don't care since I'm not in.
But I've wanted for years to tell a woman no with out any grief.  ;D

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Great for me!!!

I'll pick a few that I want to do, and get to creating empty brass ;D

I started a new league last night - Sport Rifle.  Five shots each on five bulls.  Fifty foot indoor range with .22 rimfire.  No thumb hole, no bull barrels, and no slings.  This is a handicap match meaning that us bad shooters get extra shots - Match one the top shooter scores 228; subtract your match one score from that, and that is how many extra shots you get on your target; with a perfect score being five bulls per bulls eye you can divide your handicap shots however you want; after the first match they average match scores and your match handicap is based off the highest average; so in the end it is possible for the best and worst shooter to be within only a few points of each other.  Last night was match two, but my first night.  I saw that the high for night one was 220 and the low was 146.  I shot a 160 on my first target.  I decided to shoot target two right away so I would be on schedule.  By the time I shot my first 25 shots (five per bull on five bulls) and my handicap of 60 shots I ended up with a score of 213 (week two's top score is 228).  By the way, my raw score, the first 25 shots, improved by 27 over match one  ;D  This is a fun game if you are looking to bring something new to your club that will let everyone compete.  We are using the NRA A-32 targets.

Redialed my scope for fifty feet using a rest and didn't notice how heavy and gritty the 10/22 trigger is.  Got to the range and shot low low low.  Put the gun back on a rest and printed a one inch group of 25 shots right where I put the crosshairs.  Got home and at midnight I was looking not only at a new trigger for the rifle, but also a new scope (the base optics don't focus well at 50'), new trigger kit for my Ruger Mark III (s) (one with red dot and one open sight - both for bulls eye), new bulls eye grip for the main Mark III, ...  At last check my wish list is well over $1K  :o

Thread drift off  ;D

I will try to get some more holes in paper and send you a happy packet  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk