Author Topic: I'm back...some bad news and some good news  (Read 4192 times)

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I'm back...some bad news and some good news
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 08:38:59 PM »
You rock KPR. Have really enjoyed your photos and sharing on this forum. Good things are in store for you down the road. Just may take a little time. I know cause I left a job making almost six figures a year to taking jobs that paid minimum wage. Very humbling but the only way to go is up when your looking from the bottom.  ;D But the positive side is I can create my own schedule and spend more time with my family. Spent well over a decade in a factory and living beyond my means and cannot get that time back with my kids.

Like the golf course, it is always forward progress. I am happier and utliizing my mind instead of my braun. Took up assisting a Boy Scout Venturing Crew teaching shooting sports. Became a certified NRA Instructor and Range Safety Officer. Work retail security and teach firearms classes on the side. I actually do what I have a passion for. My only complaint is that I did not do it many years ago and not having the additional funds to take more NRA courses and become an instructor for Personal Protection Inside the Home. I get asked constantly if I am able to teach this course.

One thing that has come to mind is if I had the capital to start textiles back in the United States. Would be nice to create jobs again that left the United States and make our Country self sufficient again. I get sick of seeing China on so many items that could be made in the United States.

kilopaparomeo

• Top Forum Member
  • My own private purgatory...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 07:17:49 AM »
Well, thanks guys.  Didn't expect all the well wishes.  I was just trying to explain why I have been gone for 2-1/2 months.

Appreciate the thoughts.  I'm sure I'll come out of this...just don't know what the future holds.  In the mean time, I'm trying to shoot and take care of my family.

Thanks again.
NRA Endowment Life Member
SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
Ultima Ratio Civis - "The last method of a citizen"

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 02:54:32 PM »
God Bless you and yours in all areas KPR.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk