Author Topic: Downloaded Trailsafe from amazon  (Read 4554 times)

thecooler

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Downloaded Trailsafe from amazon
« on: July 25, 2011, 10:26:28 PM »
Just wanted to say that I recently downloaded Trailsafe from Amazon, have an app. called kindle for mac.  You can read the book right on your Mac!  I knew this 27 inch screen would come in handy! 

I really enjoyed Trailsafe and learned a lot.  Also recently finished listening to all the Podcasts from previous years.  Again, Thanks Michael Bane for all the time you spend with the Podcasts.  The 45 min or so, I spend listening to you has really made a difference in my dedication to carry a firearm everyday and to push myself to be more efficient and also seek more training.

Cheers!
Chad
"A free people, ought to be armed."  George Washington

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Downloaded Trailsafe from amazon
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 08:42:39 AM »
Got Trail Safe on my Kindle. 

Amazon has a free windows program that allows you to read Kindle content on your PC. 

There is a large selection of free Kindle material available, something for everyone there. 

You can back up your PC Kindle library to DVD/BD.

Prices are cheaper than hard copy and it is a lot easier to carry your room full of books around in this format.

P.S. I also have a hard copy of Trail Safe ....  I'm a Fanboy.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

jcbdc

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 10:58:36 AM »
I see that there two versions or printings of Trail Safe.  Are both the same? 
As I have gone thru lifes highways and byways I soon found that there were more horsesasses than there were horses!!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 06:31:03 PM »
I see that there two versions or printings of Trail Safe.  Are both the same?

Yes, I believe so...... save for some minor tuning.

According to MB per his blog page:

When TRAIL SAFE went out-of-print, copies sold for as much as $60+ on the auction sites, and as recently as a month ago Amazon was quoting almost $50 for a used copy. This edition includes an all new introduction from me, plus I went through and cleaned up some issues I had with the Wilderness Press, including the nitwit disclaimer from WP that they didn't believe in guns...I, of course, do believe in guns. It took a while to clear up ownership issues and get the book back in print (with a more descriptive title, TRAIL SAFE: How to Avoid Danger in the Backcountry, and a much, much better looking cover!).

http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/2009/05/new-trail-safe-copies-now-available.html

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 02:17:20 PM »
Well, they were nitwits!

mb
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV