Author Topic: Season 3  (Read 13486 times)

PegLeg45

• Chuck Goins: NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
Re: Season 3
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 03:21:01 pm »
SODIS was totally new concept of water purification to me.  I appreciate the information.  

Now I have another resource for purification and I don't have to worry about having iodine along with me all the time.

This is the best season that you have done. It really is superlative work.

+1 to both comments above.

*Now for you field dentistry guys, check this: My younger son started as a full-time firefighter back in February and it seems one of his co-workers has had a tooth that has plagued him off and on for a while now (but he kept putting off going to a dentist). Well, this past Sunday night, while on duty, the thing evidently had become abscessed to the point that he called a dentist at around 10:00 PM. The dentist said it would be the next morning before he could see him. So the guy goes out to his truck, gets a pair of pliers, wraps the jaws in electrical tape and proceeds to yank the tooth out himself. My son said he packed it with gauze, took three Tylenol, and went to bed. I told him imagine if the world went to crap, that is what we would all be doing if dental care were needed.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined...The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."~Patrick Henry

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

"We are far out on a limb......the wind is blowing, people have saws....and the tree is old." ~ PegLeg

The Down Range TV Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 03:21:01 pm »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 03:59:04 pm »
+1 to both comments above.

*Now for you field dentistry guys, check this: My younger son started as a full-time firefighter back in February and it seems one of his co-workers has had a tooth that has plagued him off and on for a while now (but he kept putting off going to a dentist). Well, this past Sunday night, while on duty, the thing evidently had become abscessed to the point that he called a dentist at around 10:00 PM. The dentist said it would be the next morning before he could see him. So the guy goes out to his truck, gets a pair of pliers, wraps the jaws in electrical tape and proceeds to yank the tooth out himself. My son said he packed it with gauze, took three Tylenol, and went to bed. I told him imagine if the world went to crap, that is what we would all be doing if dental care were needed.

According to one of the captains on Deadliest Catch he is now qualified to be a fisherman  ;)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 04:00:36 pm »
According to one of the captains on Deadliest Catch he is now qualified to be a fisherman  ;)

Never watched it.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined...The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."~Patrick Henry

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

"We are far out on a limb......the wind is blowing, people have saws....and the tree is old." ~ PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 04:09:47 pm »
I think it was last season that one of the crew on a boat had a bad tooth, and under the direction of the captain he used an old pair of pliers to do the deed.  Just about showed the whole thing on TV.  I can hear the converstaion between the producers and editors in my head trying to decide at what point the cut and splice  ::)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 04:16:27 pm »
I think it was last season that one of the crew on a boat had a bad tooth, and under the direction of the captain he used an old pair of pliers to do the deed.  Just about showed the whole thing on TV.  I can hear the converstaion between the producers and editors in my head trying to decide at what point the cut and splice  ::)

I expect it was bloody.   ;D

JohnBrantuk

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 03:03:53 pm »
When will Outdoor Channel be offering Season 3 on DVD?

Thanks for a GREAT show!

Rastus

• Join the NRA ! Today!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2018, 06:52:40 am »
It sure would be nice to see Best Defense Survival back on the air.  I know this hasn't been posted for over 5 years...but it's time!

If not a regular weekly show then a few one hour specials every two months or so. 

It would be informative to review some "recent" disasters to demonstrate what worked and what did not work.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2018, 01:13:34 pm »
It sure would be nice to see Best Defense Survival back on the air.  I know this hasn't been posted for over 5 years...but it's time!

If not a regular weekly show then a few one hour specials ever two months or so. 

It would be informative to review some "recent" disasters to demonstrate what worked and what did not work.

Indeed.