Author Topic: Does Anyone Reload Using A Portable Reloading Stand ?  (Read 17591 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Does Anyone Reload Using A Portable Reloading Stand ?
« on: February 21, 2011, 06:51:41 AM »
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=155024

I'm talking about one of these? I was thinking of getting one along with another press like a Lee Classic Cast so I can resize and deprime cases in the living room while watching TV. When I'm repriming, dropping powder, and seating bullets I don't like distractions, but it's pretty hard to screw up resizing a case, and I don't want to be locked in a room to do it.

I've got 2,500 .223 cases I've got to resize and prep and it's going to take a while to do all of them, that's why I wondered. .223 cases are relatively easy to resize, even with a small base die so I thought this would work out pretty good. I just wondered if any of you guys have used one, and what your thoughts were on them?   Bill T.

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Does Anyone Reload Using A Portable Reloading Stand ?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 07:04:14 AM »
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 07:09:03 AM »
BillT I have had one of those for 16 yrs, it does work, but is a little wobbly, and I use it for exactly what you described. I think Phils suggestion is a very good one and more stable. I also mount my other presses on 1" particle or ply wood, and counter sink the screws, cover the bottom with felt or vinyl and C clamp them to tables, works really well too.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 07:35:30 AM »
http://www.sinclairintl.com/.aspx/pid=37267/Product/Sinclair_Wooden_Press_Stand

Sinclair International sells this one, but then I need a table.   Bill T.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:34:31 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 10:54:27 AM »
Bill, When I was reloading I used the same B&D folding table as Phil, Working in a machine shop, at the time I had access to 1/2 inch aluminum plate scrap. I bolted down an 18x24 piece for the top then drilled it to bolt down the press and powder measure. 1/2 inch or 3/4 plywood will work as well with washers top and bottom, but I was using what I could get for free.

Profesionalhunter1

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 11:42:08 AM »
I use one made by a guy that makes Nascar frames so it is the same boxed aluminum and it works great. He is out of Carson City Nevada and I do believe they sell for about $150.00 and you can use it for a portable shooting table as well very strong and well thought out. Check 6mmbr.com website he may be on there somewhere.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 11:05:53 AM »
My portable is a Workmate.
VERY stable, enough room and has the ability to change out setups by removing/replacing the wood sections without unbolting anything.

Let us know which one you choose and how it works out.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

mortdooley

• The U.S. Constitution poses no serious threat to our form of government..
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 10:16:52 AM »

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=665540

I used a Lee Hand Press for years when I didn't have the space to setup. You can do all the steps before powder drop while watching TV or rocking on the front porch, just check your work as you go. Move to a table for the charge and bullet seat steps and you have reloads.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”

- – Voltaire

You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.--Ray Bradbury

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk