Author Topic: Potterfield Donates more $$  (Read 4691 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Potterfield Donates more $$
« on: January 20, 2011, 03:57:43 PM »
Midway USA sponsors a lot of the Wednesday Night at the Range shows on the OC. Larry and Brenda Potterfield (owners of Midway) donate a lot (and I mean a lot) of money to the shooting sports....and they spread it around to the many different shooting styles too.
I was reading the latest issue of GUNS Magazine last night and there was a blurb about them donating $1,000,000 to the NWTF (National Wild Turkey Federation) and thought I'd share it.

Stuff like this makes me want to spend my money at places like Midway and purchase products from the spin-off companies related to the Potterfields (Battenfeld Technologies) because they give back to the shooting sports.

MidwayUSA's Potterfields Donate $1 Million to NWTF for New Youth Shooting Program

EDGEFIELD, S.C. — Larry and Brenda Potterfield, founders and owners of MidwayUSA in Columbia, Mo., have presented the National Wild Turkey Federation with a $1 million contribution for the creation of a new youth shooting sports program.
The program will present opportunities for youth age 17 and under to try target shooting, sporting clay shooting and shotgunning in a safe, fun environment. The NWTF aims to triple the annual number of youth shooting participants at its JAKES outreach events - from 50,000 to 150,000 youth -by 2014.

"Thanks to the generosity of Larry and Brenda, more young people will have the chance to try shooting sports, and may discover a passion that they will enjoy for the rest of their lives," said George C. Thornton, NWTF CEO. "This program will be a step toward solidifying the future of shooting sports in America."

Studies have shown that participation in sport shooting is declining, which is mirrored by a decline in hunting participation. The NWTF is helping to counteract this trend by recruiting and retaining youth hunters, shooters and conservationists through its JAKES youth outreach program.

Larry Potterfield, founder and CEO of MidwayUSA, said: "Brenda and I believe in supporting youth programs that teach our next generation about shooting and shooting safety. The NWTF is doing a great job with our youth, who are the future of shooting, conservation and the outdoor industry. We are proud to help them change the future."

In the first year of the new youth shooting sports program, the NWTF will provide fully equipped shooting trailers for Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia. More trailers will be purchased in ensuing years for additional regions of the country. Trailers will be available for use through state agencies and NWTF state chapters. They will come equipped with everything needed to set up a safe airgun shooting range at any youth event, including pellet guns, ammunition, safety glasses, hearing protection, targets and pellet traps.

http://www.nwtf.org/nwtf_newsroom/press_releases.php?id=13237

$1.6 million last year in November to the SSSF:
http://www.ammoland.com/2010/11/22/scholastic-shooting-sports-foundation-receives-a-million-dollar-donation/

http://www.midwayusa.com/

http://www.battenfeldtechnologies.com/

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Re: Potterfield Donates more $$
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 05:32:17 PM »
This forum has reached a level of participation, and is well enough known that on a regular cycle we get a Larry Potterfield hater or basher.  Like any coffee shop or kindergarten our regulars tend to get sucked in.  However, it is news like this that will always bring me to his defense long before I jump in with the mob and ask Tom for rope.

Thank You Mr. Potterfield!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 09:08:52 PM »
Thank You Mr. Potterfield!

Plus 1000 from the Rabbit!
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 09:20:26 PM »
As a consumer and buyer of Midway products of all types, (as recently as earlier this month), I have NEVER been let down in their communication, timely shipping, tracking numbers, or service.

As for Mr. & Mrs. Potterfield's work in these endeavors, good for them. I'm glad my purchases help contribute to a very worthy cause.

"The great body of our citizens shoot less as times goes on. We should encourage rifle practice among schoolboys, and indeed among all classes, as well as in the military services by every means in our power. Thus, and not otherwise, may we be able to assist in preserving peace in the world... The first step in the direction of preparation to avert war if possible, and to be fit for war if it should come is to teach men to shoot!"
Theodore Roosevelt

+1

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 01:18:47 AM »
spending time with your kids, it does not matter what you are doing, is the most important thing you can do.

I don't care if its shooting, hunting, boating, wood carving, knitting... what ever.

A family that plays toegther stays toegther.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:47:47 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 05:20:08 PM »
spending time with your kids, it does not matter what you are doing, is the most important thing you can do.

I don't care if its shooting, hunting, boating, wood carving, knitting... what ever.

A family that plays toegther stays toegther.

I agree with that 100%.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk