Author Topic: Upcoming Auctions  (Read 71879 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
Re: Upcoming Auctions
« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2016, 12:52:07 PM »
I took a quick look and they have a Baby Nambu with ammo and some Class III stuff including a couple of experimental Thompson's. It's an amazing collection.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2016, 08:10:28 AM »
I forgot to tell yous guys.  I'm sure you tire of hearing about the auctions.  RIA has a big one this weekend and I kinda of poo-poo it because there wasn't but one lot I bid on.

BUT IF YOU HURRY, there's this M151 for sale and you can probably get it for ~$4,000.  A lot cheaper than a 60's Karmen Ghia or a VW Pickup.

Oh, didn't you know?  An M151 is a  AM General Corp 4x4 Utility Vehicle.  Better known as a Jeep.

I'd repaint the "Island Time" logo, but hey, they haven't made these in 30 years.   Great for parades.    Mount an M2 on the back.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2016, 12:30:36 PM »
I used to strip these in a morning and put all the parts onto a new uni body in a day.
They came from the factory painted in pink primer, we had our own paint shop.
A 50 cal on one of these would flip it.
 4 guys could pick one up and carry it.
 M-60's were pretty common,  or a TOW launcher.
 The one shown is not street legal since it lacks the roll bar they were required to add inthe80's.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2016, 02:25:45 PM »
When I was in the service I saw listed a Davy Crockett Recoilless Rifle capable of delivering a nuclear warhead mounted on a jeep.

This Google search shows a few articles and some pictures

https://www.google.com/#q=davy+crockett+recoilless+rifle

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Timothy

« Reply #134 on: June 25, 2016, 03:33:37 PM »
When I was stationed in Key West in 75, we heard that government surplus was selling crated, disassembled Jeeps for about 500 bucks.  Never verified nor could I afford one..

Sponsor

« Reply #135 on: Today at 06:30:12 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: June 25, 2016, 04:07:25 PM »
That Jeep needs a 106(105?)mm recoiless rifle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjpC9H99MLw
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: June 25, 2016, 04:17:14 PM »
OKAY.  Who bid this thing sky high?

Pre-Auction estimates were $3,000 to a high of $6,500.

HIGH BID:  $13,000
Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: June 25, 2016, 04:53:42 PM »
Just watching for my lot to go by.

Three Whitney Wolverines.    The first one went for $1,100. 

Will work for ammo

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2016, 10:18:09 PM »
If Buck Rogers had a .22 that would be it.

tombogan03884

« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2016, 05:57:02 AM »
Davy Crockett, was the stuff of Sci Fi. Not surprising considering how many of the eras SF writers were involved in things like engineering for NASA(Gregory Benford, Arthur Clark etc ) "Star Ship Trooper's" is one I can think of that utilizes shoulder mounted nuke recoiless rifles.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk