Author Topic: Upcoming Auctions  (Read 71770 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Re: Upcoming Auctions
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2014, 08:01:17 AM »
I still keep my hand in, especially with Rock Island Auctions. 

Thought these two would be of interest, if you have 5 bills.

The first is one of Ed McGivern's guns.  He was the greatest greatest pistol shooter of all time.  Now, Michlek may be a great shooter and certainly the greatest at reloading, but Ed... Ed could fire so fast the previous bullet wouldn't be all the way out the barrel when he fired the next one.

Anyway, here's a documented Colt SAA of his for a mere, $20K

You can bid at:  http://www.rockislandauction.com/viewitem/aid/61/lid/1180

Then how about a DA Colt owned by Clyde Barrow.    Yep, Clyde of Bonnie and Clyde.  This will cost you more like $40K

http://www.rockislandauction.com/viewitem/aid/61/lid/1206

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2014, 08:00:44 PM »
Yes, I'm still prowling the auction web sites.  This weekend, 7/11-7/13's Rock Island Auction doesn' have anything of great historical significance.  But there are a lot of good items this quarter.

http://www.rockislandauction.com/search/aid/1023

In the 5 digit bidding (>$9,999) there are a couple of S&W 320 revolver rifles, a Volcanic (Lot #1) and a  "First Generation Colt Single Action Army Revolver with Case, Knife and Hip Flask, All Inscribed to Timothy "Longhair Jim" Courtright, Old West Gunfighter."

You can place one time pre-bids through RIA or use Proxibid for real time bidding.  Warning 15%+ buyer's fee. 

I'm bidding on all the 686's.  (Not the mixed lots, just the stand alone Pro Series and the multiples where all the guns are 686.)

Here's a picture of the Volcanic.

Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2014, 07:25:46 PM »
And I won lot 807.    Bid too much. 

Two 686-6's one 4" one 6".  It'll be $600 each, by the time, I pay bidder fee, FFL and shipping.    Good buy, but I really didn't NEED them.

3 items in tomorrows auction.  Have I gone overboard? 
Will work for ammo

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2014, 01:06:12 AM »
So....is the 4" for sale? hint, hint

I looked at the listings. Too many that had multiple guns and not enough coin or need for multiples.
I still need a 4" stainless to fit between my 6" 629 and the 'baby' 649.
The quest continues....
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2014, 07:43:43 AM »
Here's the haul:   Not sure how I'm going to sort all of these out, but definitely going to sell some of the older model I have of these.

686-6  4"  ProSeries
686-6  6"
686-6  4"
686-6  5"
60      3"

All like new in matching box with original accessories.  All told it'll be about $550ea with shipping and FFL.  I didn't intend to spend that much, but I'll recoup some by selling the older models.  And with the exception of the plain 4" model, they'll all keepers and will be seeing either CCW or competition duty soon.
Will work for ammo

Sponsor

« Reply #105 on: Today at 05:57:47 AM »

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2014, 12:39:11 PM »
Nice catch on the 3" mod 60.

Those are sweet!  8)

You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: They're here
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2014, 07:33:36 PM »

Uh, it's the attack of the neutron power modules.    Or wait, maybe it's just a portable server farm?  No, no, it a R.A.I.D. array.

It's the attack of the Smith & Wesson blue boxes.   Arrrgh.    The gun store called and they were overrun with them.  Asked me to take a few off their hands.

And what's in them?  BONUS TIME.

Three of these are Pro Series. Three are 686 Plus.  All are basically unfired, new in box.  WOW.

A 686 Pro Series 4" and a 686+ Pro Series 5".  A regular 686+ in 4" and 6".  AND the bonus.  The M 60 3" is a Pro Series!!!

The M60 is a sweet carry gun.  The actions on the Pro Series are nice.

Now to figuring out what to do with this plethora of 686s.   Some I'm keeping and some are going to become trading fodder of other guns.

Oh, a final family portrait.   Yes there are four 4" ones.    Can you tell which gun I shoot every week... and don't clean?

I know this isn't the "classifieds" but if anyone is interested in any of the 686 Plus's, PM me.
Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Upcoming Auctions December 2014
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2014, 05:15:53 AM »
Take a careful look at the picture below.  What do you see?   A plain, old, Colt Walker revolver? 

Doesn't look like much.  No fancy engraving or such.  But that isn't just a Colt Walker, but it is one of the original revolvers issued to Company C under  Col Walker.  One of the first 220 such guns made to Walkers specifications.   So for a mere pittance it can be yours in the upcoming RIA auction.   (My guess is $250K)  All the documentation, which is fascinating to read, is online as well.

http://www.rockislandauction.com/search/5/aid/63 

Some other things of historical interest include three, yes 3, 1907 Savage .45 pistols.  One a production model presented to Buffalo Bill and one of the actual test models which competed with the 1911 for the Army service pistol.   Again there's pictures of the documentation.

A replica Gatling gun, and a number of Civil War era guns, including a Henry.

Lot's of Colt revolvers (modern SA/DA).  Quite a few rifles and shotguns as well.  So much to see even if you don't bid.

Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2014, 04:24:54 PM »
I am so, so sorry.  Because of my neglect I may have caused someone to miss the auction of a lifetime.

I didn't see it until this morning, but Friday's auction had the Charter Arms Undercover revolver used by Arthur Bremmer in his attempted assassination of Alabama Govenor George Wallace in 1972.  If nothing else the accompanying documents are rather interesting.  $15K-$30K

http://www.rockislandauction.com/viewitem/aid/63/lid/499

This is truly a very unique and certainly a "one of a kind" revolver that was used by Arthur Bremmer in the attempted assassination of then Governor George Wallace of Alabama. This historic revolver is accompanied by numerous documents, police reports, hospital records and a 9 page Report of Investigation by the Prince George County Police, attesting the criminal act, verifying that this exact pistol was the one used in the assassination attempt. It is also accompanied by a copy of the sales receipt from the "Casanova Gun" shop in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where Bremmer purchased the pistol. In May 1972, Governor Wallace was on a campaign tour as one of the democratic candidates for the Presidency of the United States and was shot after giving a campaign speech in Laurel Maryland. He was hit twice, with one bullet hitting his spine leaving him paralyzed for life from the waist down. Governor Wallace was a staunch democrat and populist within the state of Alabama, who served four (non-consecutive terms) as Governor and who vehemently opposed racial integration and mandatory busing in the state. Probably the most infamous act that he is so well known for was standing on the door steps of the Foster Auditorium of University of Alabama in an attempt to stop the Federally mandated integration of public schools in the south. To ensure that the schools were racially integrated, President John Kennedy ordered the 2nd Infantry Division to keep order and to enforce integration. In September of 1963, he attempted to do the same thing by trying to stop the enrollment of four black children in separate schools. However, he was stopped by a Federal Court Order and the children were allowed in. He later ran for the Democratic (or independent) nominee for President of the United States on four separate occasions; 1964, 1968, (with then retired General Curtis Lemay) then in 1972 (where he was shot) and again in 1976. On all four occasions he was defeated. Later in life he completely renounced segregation and embraced racial integration. He died in September of 1998 from septic shock due to a bacterial infection. The pistol as noted is a very small, five shot pocket revolver with round butt. It is blued with smooth walnut grips. The left side of the frame has been scratched/etched with "RAI/5-15-72", which is the exact date the revolver was turned over by the Secret Service Agent Robert A. Innamorati to FBI Agents Joseph Slaughter and George Sinclair. The right side of the frame is stamped with serial number "104347". The same serial number 104347 is listed on the copy of the sales receipt when Bremmer purchased it from a gunshop in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2015, 04:03:24 PM »
Yes it's been 5 months since I've bothered with an auction.  Been a busy spring.

So RIA's upcoming regional is coming up in June.  I don't have the hard copy yet, but they sent me an email and I searched through the on-line catalog.

http://www.rockislandauction.com/auction/aid/1025

Nothing cheap.  There's a lot of Henry's and old Winchesters.  And this little jewel.

Know whose percussion revolver this was?   

It was one of the two Clint Eastwood used in the movie, "The Outlaw, Josey Wales"

Overall there's some historically interesting stuff, but I think some things are way over priced.   For example, a lot with a Remington 241 .22lr rifle and a Ruger 10/22, they're starting the bidding at $600.   When you add Buyers Premium, shipping and FFL you're going to be paying close to $800.  I realize 241s are historical and desirable, but they're not anywhere near selling for $500.  And a brand new 10/22 is only $199.   So you can buy them separately for a lot less than the starting bid price. 

Have fun just looking.   No canons or mortars or anything.  Lots of historical revolvers though.

Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk