Author Topic: High brass vs. low brass shot shells  (Read 12683 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: High brass vs. low brass shot shells
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 01:12:47 AM »
I'm not sure this is strictly archaic. I used to be kind of anal about shotgun loads (not reloads just commercial stuff). There was a noticable difference between the low brass #8s I shot in my Parker and the regular stuff as far as patterning. I saw a difference as well with low, regular, and high brass. Granted this is shot not slugs, so the diference is going to be (maybe) just velocity as opposed to shot spread. Still, I find this to be a useful topic. What are you getting , if anything with high brass versus regular? Does it hold for 3" vs 2 3/4"? Is there a "sweet spot" velocity wise for slugs in terms of accuracy and velocity? I'd like to hear folks' opinions on this stuff. Thanks.
FQ13

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: High brass vs. low brass shot shells
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 02:28:40 AM »
The wad is by far the most important thing when it comes to the pattern of shot.  Shot guns are like a women, no two are ever alike.  even if you take 2 barrels made one right after the other, they can pattern drasticly diffrent.

I have some guns that love the cheap stuff and pattern very well with, but suck with the better shells.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk