Author Topic: Amos Nosler  (Read 3759 times)

tombogan03884

Amos Nosler
« on: October 14, 2010, 01:09:44 PM »
http://www.thetacticalwire.com/

News Brief
A special memorial service will be held at the Riverhouse Convention Center in Bend, Oregon on Saturday, October 23, for John Amos Nosler, 97, who died Sunday evening. Widely regarded as the pioneer in the premium-bullet category, his Nosler Partitions pushed many into handloading, simply because that bullet was not loaded by commercial ammunition makers. "Nosler changed the ammunition business, the way hunters look at ammunition, and our entire lexicon when talking about terminal ballistics for hunting loads," says Tom Gresham, "his bullets created the interest in bullet performance, and 'bullet diggers' resulted..those of us who spent a lot of time and effort to actually find the bullet in the animal to measure and weigh it." Until only a few months ago, Nosler was in his Bend, Oregon office several days each week. Nosler didn't get into the bullet business, per se. When bullets he was using on a 1946 moose hunt failed to bring the animal down, he began thinking of a new design that would both penetrate the target and expand after impact. That design became the Nosler Partition and began an company that is still regarded among the premium bullet makers in the industry. In lieu of flowers, the family has requested donations be directed to The Partners in Care Hospice of Bend, or the NRA Foundation, Inc./John A. Nosler Endowment.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: Amos Nosler
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 05:21:32 PM »
Here's to one of the pioneers of the industry...fewer and fewer out there.

RIP Mr. Nosler.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 07:32:36 PM »
RIP Amos, I have used Nosler products for years, the partitions set the standard, and now everyone has a bonded bullet, the hand gun bullets are top drawer too.

Condolences to the Nosler family, They also offer free support, by phone even.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 02:53:52 PM »
You get what you pay for with Nosler Ammo, and I have a great deal of respect for his contribution to push other ammo companies to a higher level of performance, while Nosler has always had it.

RIP Mr. Nosler.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk