Author Topic: Quaker Votes GOP??!!!! New Immigration Law in FL.  (Read 899 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Quaker Votes GOP??!!!! New Immigration Law in FL.
« on: September 05, 2010, 02:02:12 PM »
Folks, I had decided that I was going to vote Libertarian for our upcoming Governor's race. Now, I'm leaning hard for the GOP. The Dem is a party hack and the Republican is a crook. However, the Legisilature has a bill pending to require all employers to use E-verify. (The fact that it isn't a federal requirement points out how useless the last two Presidents were/are on this issue >:().  This and the recent jailing of an employer of illegals gives me hope that Fl. may actually be getting serious about this issue. Requiring E-verify and jailing those who don't use it would seem to get around the Arizona problem. The state wouldn't technically be enforcing imigration law, just its own employment law. Holder, the Chamber of Commerce and La Raza couldn't say a word! ;D That won't stop them of course, but they won't have a leg to stand on. The potential problem is the farm lobby which is formidable. Still, if the GOP sticks to its guns here, I will vote for the crook with a smile. I'll also warn Peg and Alf that they might be getting a lot of new neighbors a few weeks after this thing starts getting enforced. ;D
FQ13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk