Author Topic: Guns In Church, And Reality.  (Read 2558 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Guns In Church, And Reality.
« on: April 30, 2010, 08:17:43 PM »
Video at link, same ol "shot down in flames" position at MSNBC

Picking up on a story from Louisiana about a bill to allow concealed carry for firearms in houses of worship, MSNBC's Tamron Hall asked viewers of the network's live coverage shortly before 3 p.m. EDT today if the legislation was "Crossing the Line."

True to the segment's formula, only one side of the controversy was represented in the form of a guest to discuss the matter, in this case, an opponent of the bill, State Rep. Barbara Norton (D). [full interview audio here; click play button on embed at right for video]

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-shepherd/2010/04/30/msnbcs-hall-bringing-gun-church-crossing-line#ixzz0mdVrqkdR

December 2007, Jeanne Assam, an armed security volunteer for New Life Church, put an end to a church shooting by spree killer Matthew Murray.

From an Associated Press account at that time:

Senior Pastor Brady Boyd of New Life Church said the gunman had no connection to the church. "We don't know this shooter," Boyd said. "He showed up on our property yesterday with a gun with the intention of hurting people, and he did."

The gunman opened fire at 12:30 a.m. at the Youth With a Mission center. Witnesses said the man asked to spend the night there and opened fire with a handgun when he was turned down. They described him as a young man, perhaps 20, in a dark jacket and cap.

Later, at New Life Church, a gunman wearing a trench coat and carrying a high-powered rifle opened fire in the parking lot and later walked into the church as a service was letting out.

Jeanne Assam, a church member who volunteers as a security guard, shot Murray, who was found with a rifle and two handguns, police said.

Assam said she believes God gave her the strength to confront Murray, keeping her calm and focused.

"It seemed like it was me, the gunman and God," she said at a news conference.

The pastor credited her with preventing more bloodshed.

"There could have been a great loss of life yesterday, and she probably saved over 100 lives."

Boyd said the gunman had a lot of ammunition and estimated that 40 rounds had been fired inside the church, leaving what looked like a "war scene."

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-shepherd/2010/04/30/msnbcs-hall-bringing-gun-church-crossing-line#ixzz0mdVBc5c3
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Guns In Church, And Reality.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 02:18:17 AM »
I carry to church. It is thankfully legal in my state, WITHOUT special permission.
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Guns In Church, And Reality.
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 02:40:54 AM »
I didn't carry in church for a long time. Then I got in some arguments about it on the board and was convinced. (I can be persuaded). After all, if God didn't want us to use medicine, he'd not have inspired doctors. If he wanted us to annoy snakes, he'd not of given them the rattle, and if he wanted us to be defensless, well JMB and Samuel Colt would never have been born. ;) Just my .02.
FQ13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk