Author Topic: Walk-in gun vault designs / plans?  (Read 44944 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: Walk-in gun vault designs / plans?
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2018, 05:21:11 PM »
Firearms insurance!

NRA ArmsCare Plus. It wouldn't cover your guns being radioactive after being nuked, but let's face it, you'd have bigger problems to deal with. But it covers a lot of other things. My home-owner's insurance covers little if anything.

I'm not sure about drywall, but everything else seems to burn at the edges first. On a double layer of even regular drywall, with the seams on one layer 16 inches away from the the seams on the other layer, even if it started to burn through at the edges of one layer, there's no seam under it for the fire to go the rest of the way through. Maybe it would slow it down a little.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
Re: Walk-in gun vault designs / plans?
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2018, 06:40:10 PM »
I pay a little extra for a rider to cover some of the cost of my guns.

However, I'd rather come away, after a fire, with my guns than a promise to reimburse me later.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk