Author Topic: Ambidextrous Safeties on 1911's... Good or bad?  (Read 17469 times)

Chainsaw

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ambidextrous Safeties on 1911's... Good or bad?
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2010, 12:02:13 PM »
twyacht and Pegleg

Thanks for the updates. I've always used my left index finger on the std. mag release, so I won't need an ambi release.

jim

KansasScout

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2010, 12:30:06 PM »
Being a lefty, there is no realistic alternative to have a lefty - ambi safety installed. I don't shoot that often and I am betting the Wilson ambi I had installed on my Kimber will function more than adequately for me.
I appreciate the input by those who know, that this is a weak link and that's good to know. It is a risk that must be managed. Hence, if I see it getting loose, I take it to the gunsmith and replace it.
Using your left finger to click the safety off which is the same finger that is going to pull that trigger is putting a serious delay into your response.
On the other hand...my safety will be going off sooner not later. The real safety is sitting on my shoulders.
I bird hunt and I have lost a few birds due to failing to get the safety off when quail startle me and I try to shoot in that mental state.
I won't want that to happen on the street

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 09:43:17 AM »
No need for an ambi  IMO
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk