Poll

Why is it policemen, firemen and teachers are laid off en masse' when there is a budget shortfall and not social workers?

To fool people and pass a tax, of course.
6 (19.4%)
To be fiscally responsible.
0 (0%)
Because people want police, fire and education and government needs the tax for their social engineering...duh.
5 (16.1%)
To be fiscally responsible, right?
0 (0%)
To scare people into voting for a tax to fund fatcat pockets and exploit workers to buy votes for liberals by government funding of social and make work programs.
20 (64.5%)
Oops, I forgot.  IT IS GEORGE BUSH'S FAULT! ! !
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: LAYOFF POLICEMEN, FIREMEN AND TEACHERS  (Read 13234 times)

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: LAYOFF POLICEMEN, FIREMEN AND TEACHERS
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2010, 04:36:38 PM »
Might be different if it had been one of their homes.........but then again, asshats disease is infectious and hard to cure.

When one's head is that far up one's ass the view of the outside world is badly obscured.   ;D
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2010, 04:38:07 PM »

When one's head is that far up one's ass the view of the outside world is badly obscured.   ;D

Yeah....some of them have it inserted so far up, they have double vision.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 07:50:14 PM »
So far 22 out of 22 people think that laying off police, firemen and teachers 1st is a form of extortion to make people vote for taxes. 

I love this board.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2010, 10:10:23 AM »
So far 22 out of 22 people think that laying off police, firemen and teachers 1st is a form of extortion to make people vote for taxes. 

I love this board.

Hey, when we're right, we're right.   ;D
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

bulldog75

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2010, 06:18:32 AM »
The sad thing is that my department buys used equipment and we work on it ourselves most of the time to keep it running. We had to trade off old equipment to get something better and most of the time we pay for our own equipment. Bought slim jims, holsters, duty weapons, and some uniforms out of our own pay checks. Most of our budget gets raided by council members that want their special projects done (paving their street).
Citizens sleep peacfully at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 09:52:24 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2016, 01:58:16 PM »
It's tax voting time again.

So, I'm bringing this up once more. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2016, 02:41:46 PM »
And now that I'm getting close to drawing SS, it's more than academic when they talk about the cuts.

I paid for my SS retirement.   I overpaid actually.   If I live for 30 more years, I'll barely get back 60cents on the dollar for my contributions!!!   It's not an entitlement.  And Teachers, LEOs and Firemen (persons) are not an option.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2016, 05:01:48 PM »
My absentee ballot was waiting from me when I arrived home yesterday.  I looked it over last evening, and I found a State Constitutional Amendment I was not aware was coming:  "Shall the Minnesota Constitution be amended to remove state lawmakers' power to set their own salaries, and instead establish an independent, citizens-only council to prescribe salaries of lawmakers?"

Room for corruption, even in that type of system, but I like the idea.

By the way, I am not going to waste my vote through stupidity and pull a Brian Zins  >:(
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2016, 06:47:49 PM »
One that would make that same situation better on the national level is if the "cost of living" increases for Congress and folks on SS and other programs used the same consumer index to determine if an increase was due.

From what I understand, cost of food and energy are  not included in the SS calculation because they say they are too volatile...but they are included for the congress increase...I guess they settle down on the day theirs are calculated.

Public Servants controlling there own wage sounds a lot like foxes guarding the hen house.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk