Poll

Why is it policemen, firemen and teachers are laid off en masse' when there is a budget shortfall and not social workers?

To fool people and pass a tax, of course.
6 (19.4%)
To be fiscally responsible.
0 (0%)
Because people want police, fire and education and government needs the tax for their social engineering...duh.
5 (16.1%)
To be fiscally responsible, right?
0 (0%)
To scare people into voting for a tax to fund fatcat pockets and exploit workers to buy votes for liberals by government funding of social and make work programs.
20 (64.5%)
Oops, I forgot.  IT IS GEORGE BUSH'S FAULT! ! !
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: LAYOFF POLICEMEN, FIREMEN AND TEACHERS  (Read 13235 times)

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LAYOFF POLICEMEN, FIREMEN AND TEACHERS
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 01:58:04 PM »
It's "Payback" to the voters for refusing the last tax robbery.
I'm with you on that point!  They want the average citizens to feel the pain.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 02:21:33 PM »
I would think it is more like they want to flog us for not bowing to their "fiscal needs".  Another great fiscal scam is dedicating funds to police, fire and education diverting the then available general funds to their pork and keep the focus on police, fire and education so they can enrich and empower themselves on the back of the working man from the general funds.  Around here, when they need more pork money they call on the roads as well....3/4 of the "dedicated" gas tax does not go where it was voted to go...so they run short on roads and raise sales taxes, etc. to increase the general fund.   Sometimes they hit up the parks.

I have never, not once, had them ask to raise taxes to help with the social programs....doesn't take much brain power to figure that one out.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 11:21:01 PM »
I'm with you on that point!  They want the average citizens to feel the pain.

Sarcasm alert !

Well DUH, you don't think their going to do something stupid like cutting perks and staff for the OFFICIALS do you ?
Or some really crazy notion like cutting the SALARIES of the officials.

Sarcasm ends.
For now  ;D

tfr270

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 11:49:17 PM »
It's all about sharing the pain. At least according to our city council. We make more money, have better benefits and cost the city more money.  We are the evil public safety unions. We suck up a larger percentage of the budget than the employees at City Hall that work in the City Manager's office. City Hall takes every opportunity to tell anyone who will listen that the EPSU's are causing the cutting of all the other "important" services the city provides.  Anyway, I'm getting sick...can't go on anymore.

Distinguished Master

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 09:36:01 AM »

NOTHING BUT PURE -BS- A SCAM, they left out "what about the children?".  I'm starting to miss Bush.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:28:29 AM »

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 09:59:48 AM »
NOTHING BUT PURE -BS- A SCAM, they left out "what about the children?".  I'm starting to miss Bush.

There, I fixed it for you.  Still, I don't miss his profligate spending.
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 10:36:28 AM »

What about the children?  I left that out....do I need to alter the poll a bit?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 12:57:16 PM »

I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

tfr270

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 12:59:57 PM »
What about the achor babies whose programs we have to cut?

Seriously, the city I work for closed two fire houses this year on a rotating basis...which means on the 2 x 4 schedule we work one of our busiest houses in closed two days, open two days, closed two days, while the other house is open two, closed two days...you get the picture. We have cut staffing by 12 firefighters and four inspectors. The other day we had a major fire in the first due district of the busiest house...you guessed it, closed. First water on the fire in 6 minutes, 30 seconds. The council praised our "quick response within the standards set by the council"....First water on the fire was done by the third due engine who arrived first since the third due was closed and the second due was on a medical call.

Our cops aren't fairing much better...bomb squad cut, detectives cut, hiring freeze, K-9 facing cuts.

And...we have given back on our contracts...taken no raises, paying higher percentages on our health care...so we are helping out. But what is happening is that our asshats in the council are greenies that are stopping all economic development in the city in favor of bike boulevards and roundabouts instead of private industry jobs which create sales tax revenue.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 02:19:43 PM »
What about the achor babies whose programs we have to cut?

Seriously, the city I work for closed two fire houses this year on a rotating basis...which means on the 2 x 4 schedule we work one of our busiest houses in closed two days, open two days, closed two days, while the other house is open two, closed two days...you get the picture. We have cut staffing by 12 firefighters and four inspectors. The other day we had a major fire in the first due district of the busiest house...you guessed it, closed. First water on the fire in 6 minutes, 30 seconds. The council praised our "quick response within the standards set by the council"....First water on the fire was done by the third due engine who arrived first since the third due was closed and the second due was on a medical call.

Our cops aren't fairing much better...bomb squad cut, detectives cut, hiring freeze, K-9 facing cuts.

And...we have given back on our contracts...taken no raises, paying higher percentages on our health care...so we are helping out. But what is happening is that our asshats in the council are greenies that are stopping all economic development in the city in favor of bike boulevards and roundabouts instead of private industry jobs which create sales tax revenue.

Might be different if it had been one of their homes.........but then again, asshats disease is infectious and hard to cure.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk