Author Topic: Remington Gas Piston Carbine  (Read 5829 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Remington Gas Piston Carbine
« on: January 20, 2010, 09:43:40 AM »
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/01/20/remington-gpc-gas-piston-carbine/

The Remington GPC was on display for the first time ever today. It makes use of a propriety gas system that is not based on the Bushmaster piston or the piston system of any other company (the company has been careful to avoid using patented technology).The Remington GPC was on display for the first time ever today. It makes use of a propriety gas system that is not based on the Bushmaster piston or the piston system of any other company (the company has been careful to avoid using patented technology).

Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Remington Gas Piston Carbine
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 10:01:03 AM »
"It makes use of a propriety gas system that is not based on the Bushmaster piston or the piston system of any other company (the company has been careful to avoid using patented technology)".

It wouldn't matter in the least if they used the Bushmaster piston system simply because both Remington and Bushmaster are owned by the same company, (Cerberus Capitol Management). The Bushmaster piston system is produced for them by POF, (Patriot Ordnance Factory). In fact the Remington "R-25" AR-15 rifle is nothing more than a Bushmaster Varminter with a camo paint job. Notice how when the R-25 hit the market, so did the Bushmaster Varminter in camo? The only difference is one ships in a green box, and the other in a black hard case.  Bill T.

Neon Knight Anubis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 02:10:43 PM »
I didn't realize it was a piston AR at first, I thought it was a new masada variant. Remington seems to be really going after the military market hard with the new upper and the ACR.
We'll know for the first time
If we're evil or divine
We're the last in line

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 06:44:17 PM »
I wonder how much this one will set you back?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 01:31:54 AM »
I wonder how much this one will set you back?

I'd bet less then the ruger piston ar.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:25:47 AM »

Neon Knight Anubis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 07:18:00 AM »
LaRue would set you back less than Ruger.
We'll know for the first time
If we're evil or divine
We're the last in line

capbyrd

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 03:37:52 PM »
MSRP on the Ruger is high but for the quality of the rifle and accessories, I don't feel that the 1500 street price was out of line when introduced.  I think that as more companies offer a sub 1000 dollar piston rifle, the 1500 might need to be dropped a couple of hundred but still wouldnt consider it to be a waste of money.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk