Author Topic: TACTICAL LEVER ACTION  (Read 116448 times)

BKS

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
TACTICAL LEVER ACTION
« on: December 20, 2007, 11:10:30 AM »
 Anybody got one of the lever actions, cut down with XS sights, etc. Im working on one, got the barrel shortened to 16" XS ghost rings, scout mount, and run out of money there :'(

Anybody got one please post pics.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
Re: TACTICAL LEVER ACTION
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 12:53:59 PM »
The coolest ones are the ones from Jim West at Wild West Guns in Alaska:

http://www.wildwestguns.com/CoPilot_And_Guide_Rifles/copilot_and_guide_rifles.html

I don't have one, but the people that I know who do have them swear by them. Their SBR "Bushwhackers" are too totally cool! I keep a Winchester '94 Trapper in .44 Magnum in my bedroom, usually loaded with 240-gr JHPs from Black Hills. I've put a lot of rounds through the gun over the years, and it has been flawless (I know their reputations are something less).

I've been half-way thinking about getting a Marlin Guide Gun or 1895 in .45/70 and tricking it out a little to give me a more powerful option...

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

BKS

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 03:43:54 PM »
Thanks for reply. I hope to finish mine in the future. I call it my politically correct patrol rifle. Glad I found this forum.

LMIB

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 05:20:17 PM »
A couple years ago I turned my Marlin 336 into a Scout rifle with forward mounted Leupold M-7.  Then last year I saw MadOgre's cut down 3030 wih black stock.  I cut my barrel to 16.75 inchs, bought the plastic stock from Ramline, and added a red dot sight. Also put on a home made flashlight mount on the mag tube.
You've come a far piece pilgrim.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 04:05:40 PM »
Hy Erik;

If you're around, what would you think of a 1-day Tactical Lever Gun class in Tulsa?

I'd like to do it for SHOOTING GALLERY 2009, and maybe Marshal and I could video the whole thing and make it available to the Forum...

Michael B

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:06:53 AM »

ismram

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 04:27:29 PM »
LMIB,  I love the old Dodge!!!
IDPA, NRA (IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR MILITARY PLEASE STAND IF FRONT OF THEM!!!)

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 07:52:22 PM »
Hy Erik;

If you're around, what would you think of a 1-day Tactical Lever Gun class in Tulsa?

I'd like to do it for SHOOTING GALLERY 2009, and maybe Marshal and I could video the whole thing and make it available to the Forum...

Michael B

Sounds like one I can't wait to see! I'd like to get me a .454 Casull Lever action with a 16 inch barrel and large loop lever. Oh, and BTW Michael, the Guide guns are awesome. My dad has one.
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 08:01:10 PM »
I've had this urge for a Guide Gun, but lack the spare bucks...I think 45/70 is one of the best cartridges ever, and I've been thinking that the bedroom .44 Magnum Trapper could easily be replaced with a 45/70 Hammer of God...

Michael B

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 09:14:26 PM »
I have a Puma .454 that I keep loaded by the bed.  18 inch ported barrel.  It's a thumper.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 09:58:09 PM »
I've had this urge for a Guide Gun, but lack the spare bucks...I think 45/70 is one of the best cartridges ever, and I've been thinking that the bedroom .44 Magnum Trapper could easily be replaced with a 45/70 Hammer of God...

Michael B

"I've had this urge for a (Insert currently lusted for Gun{s} here), but lack the spare bucks"

Story of my life. S&W 649 with Lasergrips, Charter Arms Bulldog, Puma .454, and now the Kahr PM45 now that it's here....... The Snubbies are the ones I want the most at the moment.

And yeah the .45-70 will definitely STRIKE DOWN any sinner that breaks into your home in the dead of night.... Be it man or Grizzly. Anyone else think S&W should chamber their X-frame revolver for .45-70??? The Puma 454 is the Lever action I want. I want mine with a 16 inch barrel and a large loop lever (That's the John Wayne fan in me.).
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk