Author Topic: TACTICAL LEVER ACTION  (Read 116456 times)

LMIB

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: TACTICAL LEVER ACTION
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 06:38:13 PM »
My wife and I went that way several years ago. .357, 4" barrel handguns and .357, 16" barrel lever actions.  She has the Puma M92, I needed the Winchester Trapper, bifocals don't work with iron sights.  I tried the XS "scout" scope mount but didn't like the idea of epoxying the mount to the barrel, so I'm just using a compact, 2x scope.
I wish that they made some type of scout scope mount for the Puma, I really like that gun.
The lever guns don't bother people like the black guns do, and short of all out war, the .357 will solve any problem we're likely to encounter in upstate New York.

Hey Unique go look at Legacy Arms web site, I beleive they are offering the Puma in a Scout configuration this year.  Problem is you have to buy the whole package, not just the mount.
You've come a far piece pilgrim.

unique

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 03:47:18 PM »
I thought I was done buying guns for awhile.  Maybe just one more...

tombogan03884

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2008, 12:56:02 AM »
I thought I was done buying guns for awhile.  Maybe just one more...

We'll get you in trouble :D

tumblebug

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 10:05:42 PM »
+10

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2008, 11:55:33 AM »
I thought you guys might want to take a peak over at the 50 Caliber Forums, where they've got a special thread on big bore tactical lever actions. You can see it here:

http://50caliberforum.proboards99.com/index.cgi?board=alaskanleveractionguidegun

I'm liking this more and more as an episode of SHOOTING GALLERY and/or DRTV. Maybe package it with shooting this mare's leg pistol:

http://www.jbcustom.com/new-mares.htm

And some custom guns from Wild West:

http://www.wildwestguns.com/CoPilot_And_Guide_Rifles/copilot_and_guide_rifles.html

Sort of an orgy of exotic lever actions!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 05:16:42 PM »

unique

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2008, 01:33:33 PM »
I've really got to win the lottery.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2008, 07:49:55 PM »
Did I post the pics of my upgraded peep sights on my 454/45 Puma here?

It is my goto gun now.  Out to 100 yards I WILL hit where I aim.  It is fast and easy to handle (18") and with either .45 (hot or cowboy) or the .454 thumpers I feel well armed.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tombogan03884

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2008, 11:23:29 PM »
Did I post the pics of my upgraded peep sights on my 454/45 Puma here?

It is my goto gun now.  Out to 100 yards I WILL hit where I aim.  It is fast and easy to handle (18") and with either .45 (hot or cowboy) or the .454 thumpers I feel well armed.

That .45/.454 is that like the .44/.44 mag or .38/.357 magnum were you can shoot the lighter caliber in any gun chambered for the larger ?

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2008, 07:47:47 AM »

That .45/.454 is that like the .44/.44 mag or .38/.357 magnum were you can shoot the lighter caliber in any gun chambered for the larger ?

Yep!  Mine is an 18" ported barrel model (no longer in production).  I removed the safety and put a peep sight on and moved the front sight father forward (actually NOT me but a gun smith).  The sights are Marlin.  It had HiViz sights but I didn't like them.  I kept staring at the dots instead of getting a good sight picture.  Guess I'm just too old school. :D

Heres a pic.

All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2008, 08:30:48 AM »
Cool gun!
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk