Shooting Gallery: Full Custom

In this episode, Shooting Gallery takes you deep into the world of custom handguns, with Hamilton Bowen crafting a beast of a .500 Linebaugh revolver. Bill Laughridge culminates 3 years of coil with a part by part exact reproduction of the Model 1911 that will be right at home on John Browning’s workbench. Clifton Collins Jr. is guest on our celebrity shootout.

See below for links to more information.

Episode #151 – Season 12.

First Aired: 02-15-12

Show Sponsors:

Crimson Trace * Midway USA * Ruger Firearms * Stag Arms * Streamlight * Double Star * Daniel Defense * Taurus

Episode Reference Links:

Special thanks for this episode to:

Bowen Classic Arms Corp.

Clifton Collins Jr.

Ritchie Gunleather

Episodes this season:

6 Responses to Shooting Gallery: Full Custom

1. Scott McIntosh

February 15, 2012 at 3:51 pm

I was watching Clifton Collins Jr. shoot and I noticed that as soon as the loaded pistol was handed to him HE PUT HIS FINGER ON THE TRIGGER!!! This is a gross violation of shooting safety and I cannot believe that this was not caught and corrected by Staff prior to shooting the segment! It is things like these that I don’t want my 12 year old son to see because there is no excuse for being lax with safety AT ANY TIME. I sincerely hope that you ensure your celebrity shooters in the future are taught properly so that the example you set for safety cannot ever be questioned again.

I love your show and I appreciate the service that you perform to help America retain it’s 2nd Amendment rights!

2. Jon Q

February 15, 2012 at 9:10 pm

so where can we buy the Bill Laughridge book on the 1911 reproduction? I could barely make out the title on the screen (it was very grainy).
    I don’t see anything like it on the cylinder and slide website or amazon.

3. Bob E

February 21, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I recorded your “Shooting Gallery” show from last Wednesday, February 15, 2012 and finally got to view it on Friday evening. I observed some basic firearms safety rules violations that continue to gnaw at me to the point that I must bring them to your attention.

During your segment on the original 1911, at one point you were holding one up for the camera. Unfortunately you had the tip of your left hand index finger over the muzzle. So much for rules 1 and 2.

1. Every gun is a loaded gun.
    2. Never point the muzzle at anything you are not prepared to destroy.

The second thing occurred during your segment with Hamilton Bowen showing him firing the .500 Linebaugh. He made no attempt to control recoil; perhaps he was trying to dramatize the heavy recoil. The end result from allowing his elbows and wrists to flex, however resulted in breaking the “180″. In fact the muzzle almost knocked him on the forehead.

Finally as another forum poster noted, Clifton Collins, Jr. from your celebrity “Ruger Challenge” segment put his finger into the trigger guard when you handed him the gun. Rule 3?

3. Keep your finger outside the trigger guard until you have a sight picture of your target and are ready to fire.

We don’t need to hand the anti-gunners “ammo” to use against us by violating basic firearms safety rules at any time, especially not on nationally broadcast TV shows.

4. Jon Q

February 22, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I guess no one from the TV show responds to any comments or questions here?

5. Marshal Halloway

February 22, 2012 at 9:58 pm

John Q, call 1-800-448-1713 and ask for a book referenced on Shooting Gallery called “The first 500″.

6. Utah Firearms Training

May 14, 2012 at 1:13 pm

If “firearms experts” cant follow the basic rules for safety, how can we expect anyone else to.